Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Look Back - Jeremiah Goes Bama!

Continuing my look back on big events of 2014 that I got too busy to blog about at the time...  (I had planned to get these done by the end of the year, but I got the flu then Jeremiah got the flu and blogging took a backseat again!).  

In April for Easter, we decided to get away for a few days and go to Alabama.  Jeremiah hadn't gotten to meet his Alabama relatives other than John's mom and he'd only met her once.  Unfortunately, it seems they aren't able to come visit and it's such a far trip with a baby. :( (I don't even want to think about taking the trip with 2 babies!)  So since we each had a long weekend for Easter and tax season was over, we decided to take a quick trip down there.  (If 16 hours each way can ever be considered "quick.")

We left after I got off work on Thursday and drove about 8 hours. At that point, the car was acting funny and it was 1 a.m., so we stopped for the night.  The next day, we continued our drive, but the car was acting worse.  As soon as we got to my mother-in-law's house, I was looking for a dealership that could fix it and have us back under warranty.  The fun of living in the country is that there aren't many places around, and even fewer with immediate turnaround time.  But I got my car where it needed to be and got the rental car.  By this time, I was exhausted. In the 24 hours preceding that point, I had driven about 14 of the 16 hours we drove, taken a car in for service, figured out a rental, and all the while, gestated a fetus.  Fetus gestating and travel are both exhausting enough without adding in car trouble!
Saturday, John spent the day with friends while I attended a baby shower in my honor! It was good seeing John's relatives and Ashley, my dear friend and maid of honor from my wedding. I also got to meet her daughter, Harper!



My boys on Easter Sunday
We had plans to get together that night as well, but unfortunately while I was driving to meet her, she called to say her boyfriend was in a motorcycle accident. Yikes. He's okay. But at the time, she had to go to the hospital.

Easter Sunday
Easter Sunday was a busy day. First we went to church at our dear friends' church. After church, I was changing to go to our next plans when I heard SCREAMING from my baby. I got decent as quickly as I could and ran out there.  The FOUR adults who were watching him somehow let him fall down the steps. :(  My poor boy. Blood was flowing from his mouth and he screamed and screamed.  Once things calmed down, I was able to look and see that he tore an upper lip tie that he had.  Thankfully, it was nothing serious, but his poor mouth looked sore. :( We were able to clean him up and change him into some non-bloody clothes.




Then we had a get-together with a ton of John's relatives. Like, I think there were probably about 75 people there.  There was good food, good conversation, and it was good to meet some people and see some people again.  I had met several of them, but not all of them. And Jeremiah hadn't met any!


 
It was a lot of fun, but the timing meant Jeremiah missed a nap for the second day in a row. All of this after a day of travel! This meant we had an exhausted baby.... and people coming over that night!  



People came over that night, but I spent a lot of it tending to my tired baby who just wanted to sleep.  I didn't mind though. It was nice to lay down and get off my feet.

The next day was our last day in Alabama.  We went to the River Walk where we had taken our engagement pictures, drove around the U of As campus, and saw more friends and family.



It was a great trip - we have no idea when we'll go back down there now that there are two to contend with!  So I'm glad we were able to make some memories this trip.
Three guys, one name :)


No comments:

Post a Comment