Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmastime is Here! Christmas Traditions

I'm so excited for Christmas!  It's really my favorite time of the year. This year, I'm going to be blogging extra as part of Blogmas, and blogging about Christmas.

Today, I wanted to talk about some of my favorite Christmas traditions. It's one of those things where I really don't think I could pick one favorite.

One of my favorite traditions is decorating the Christmas tree.  This year, not only did John help, but Jeremiah did too! (non-breakable ornaments only) After we encouraged him to do so, I wondered if it was really a good idea. Is this going to increase the chances of him thinking it's okay for him to touch? I hope not!  We don't do themed trees overall; the collection of ornaments we have is diverse and reflects our interests, gifts given to us, and special ornaments we selected together.  I love unpacking the ornaments and reliving the memories associated with each one. This year, watching Jeremiah get excited about seeing the tree (he walked in the room and said "Oh! Oh!" before it was even decorated) and laughing as he put (non-breakable) ornaments on the tree was so special.

Another tradition of mine is wrapping gifts. I love wrapping gifts - even though it can be frustrating when they don't turn out how I want! Usually, I pick a night to wrap gifts and do them all at once while watching a favorite Christmas movie. This year, with two kids under the age of two, I couldn't do that.  A whole evening? Ha!  So I started last night. No Christmas movie, but still.

I also love watching Christmas movies on tv. Sure, a lot of them are cheesy. But they're fun! Hallmark Movie Channel and Lifetime are great this time of year! Aside from what's on tv, I also have to watch Rudolf, Charlie Brown Christmas, Elf, and White Christmas at least once for it to feel like a holiday.

One of my favorite traditions is buying gifts. I love picking out the perfect gift for someone and watching their face light up as they receive it! I'd much rather be the giver than the getter of the gifts (though both are great!).

We also try to go to area Christmas productions when we can. This year, I know of two for sure that we are going to.  We may go to a 3rd.

What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment