Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Blog Challenge - Day 1


Twenty facts about me!

1) When I was 14 and 15, I was obsessed with painting my nails. I would literally change my nail polish every day.  I loved giving myself manicures. Now, I don't think my nails have been painted for about 6 months and if I have to choose between a pedicure and manicure, I would choose a pedicure.

2) I love cheesy romantic comedies.  Most movies that get great reviews, I don't enjoy that much. Movies that are dismissed as fluffy or empty? I love.

3) One exception to this is the Hunger Games series.  Mockingjay Part 1 comes out this month and I'm excited. (Even though it was the weakest book in the series AND I don't like that they're splitting it into two parts)

4) My favorite color for years was purple, but now it's pink. Purple is still way up there too though.

5) I'm obsessed with proper grammar.  I hate when people misuse "their," "your," "except/accept," and more.

6) My cats are named after a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, a Star Wars character, and a 50s sitcom star.

7) My favorite tv show of all time is probably Gilmore Girls. But I never watched it when it was actually on the air, only after it had been off about 2 years.

8) I love everything about the Christmas season except the weather.  Not a fan of the cold. If we could have Christmas with fall temperatures, it would be ideal.

9) Being a mom is the most wonderful, challenging, exhausting, rewarding thing I've ever done.

10) I was sure Jeremiah was a boy even before the gender revealing ultrasound, but with Nathaniel, I thought he was going to be a girl until the day before. Then I knew he was a boy too.

11) The tv show that I have watched the longest is probably Survivor. I've watched all but one season. I think they're on something absurd like season 27 by now.

12) I love traveling and planning trips.  Currently, I'm planning a Chicago trip.

13) Tomorrow I am going to get out all my Thanksgiving decorations, assuming the boys allow this.

14) Despite being tired, I have a bad habit of staying up way too late.  It's the only time of day that I have peace and quiet to do important things like watch reality tv and blog.  Plus I'll decide to go to bed and then realize that right after I do, Nathaniel is due to wake up to eat.  If I stay up though, he tends not to wake up when I expect it.  But if I go to sleep, he always wakes up.

15) Each year, I challenge myself on not turning on the heat until I have to.  My proudest is when I can make it til December.  This year, my mom turned it on while I was at work one day. In OCTOBER. This is unacceptable.  Of course, the last day of October involved 30ish temperatures and snow, so I suppose it is fine.

16) I have a love/hate relationship with the gym. Currently, it's more hate than love. I'm hoping the pendulum swings back toward love soon.

17) In college, I majored in elementary education, but if I could have picked anything to major in without worrying about career prospects afterward, I would have majored in history. History classes were my favorites.

18) On that note, sometimes it's amazing to me how many big things I've lived through that will make the history books.  When you stop to think of it, a lot of huge events have happened.  Like right now, I'm watching a movie about the 2000 Presidential election.  That was an amazing time. I remember every day watching for updates trying to figure out what would happen.

19) My favorite store is Target. You can get everything there - from diapers to baby pictures!

20) I miss the days that I blogged more. That's one reason I'm doing this blog challenge!





If you want to join the November blog challenge, leave your link in the comments! I'd love to read your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment