Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Election Day!

Today is Election Day!  There are many important issues going on in our country that we get to voice our opinion on today.

Election Day always brings back a lot of memories for me, good and bad.  When I was a sophomore in college, I first volunteered for a campaign. This one was for a state senator. Sadly, we lost. :(  (I am happy to say that the candidate won a different race 2 years later.)


Since then, I've worked in multiple other campaigns. They are always interesting, fun, hard work, etc.  My favorite memories include the victory parties (often held before you know if there is actually a victory).  In 2004, when Bush won over Kerry, a lot of the campaign staff had to leave unexpectedly - there was a battle at some polls over voting and they had to go be legal representation. It was kind of crazy!

 God bless America!


No comments:

Post a Comment