Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Social - Childhood!

I haven't linked up for a Sunday Social in.... oh, I don't know. Forever?  But I thought I'd do it again this week. (And true to my blogging form lately, I started this post 24 hours ago. Jeremiah is rough on the blog...)



1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
I miss the lack of responsibilities.  Sure, I had chores at home and once I was older, homework and babysitting. But overall, responsibility free compared to adulthood.


2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
Not really. I remember wishing I had one at times, but I never actually did. My dad called me (and still does) "Bambina" but I always begged him not to do it in front of other people. :)



3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
I loved the swings. Those were probably my absolute favorite. I also was a big fan of Four Square. 


4. What did you want to be when you grew up?

This changed daily. :) I wanted to be an accountant, a teacher, a hairdresser, a fashion designer, a stay at home mom, an astronaut.... the list could go on and on.  I think most of the time it was either a teacher or accountant.


5. Did you participate in any school activities?

My school didn't really have that many activities.  I did play sports though. Through 8th grade, I played soccer.  We didn't have soccer for girls past 8th grade. Through 8th grade, we had co-ed soccer.  I played volleyball every year it was an option. I think that was 6th, 7th, 9th - 12th.  (I only played a partial year my senior year due to mono.)  I also played basketball once we had a team (junior and senior year).


6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?

It's only funny looking back, but probably when Holly and I got lost on Mother's Day. For hours. While "walking around the block." This takes talent, my dear readers....

No comments:

Post a Comment