Monday, August 12, 2013

Jeremiah is 7 Months Old Today!

 Jeremiah is 7 months old. Time just keeps flying.  He changes so much every single day.  

He is an absolute joy to be around. He smiles easily and sweetly. His laugh is precious. He is a curious baby - full of life.


He weighs in at a whopping 23 pounds! His clothes are some 6 or 9 months, but more and more 12 months. When he's not in his cloth diapers, he is in a size 4. Size 4!


This month Jeremiah got his first two teeth! The first one was Sunday, August 4th and the second one was Friday, August 9th. That made for a few rough weeks.  The day before each one broke through was the hardest. He was so uncomfortable. Poor little angel.

 He's very social. He loves seeing people and smiling. However, he is going through a stage of not doing as well being left with other people. He wants to make sure Mommy stays close by.  (Unless it's with Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, or Auntie Ashley.)  If I walk in the room after being gone for awhile (work, etc.) and I don't pick him up, he cries and squeals.


He is starting to eat more solids.  I make the vast majority of his food. In addition to what he had had when he turned 6 months, he has also had green beans, peaches, and cheerios just to chew on. He eats one or sometimes two solid meals a day. Most of his nutrition is still from Mommy's milk. He drinks about 24 ounces a day of that.

How does this thing work?

His sleep is still varied. He usually goes down around 9 after cuddling with Mommy and a bottle.  Then he sleeps in his crib til his first wake up, which is anywhere between midnight and 3 a.m. (average is probably 1). After that he either sleeps with Mommy in the guest room or Mommy and Daddy in their bed. It depends on the next day's schedule, to be honest. After his first wake up, he's pretty insistent on being cuddled close to sleep. He usually doesn't want a bottle in the night, but occasionally he'll need one.  Usually, it's just cuddles.  He usually puts one hand on either side of my neck to pull me into a hug position for sleep. It's adorable. :)

Can I eat this? I think I'm going to eat this.

Well, I guess it's not food.
 He's hugging and kissing so much more now. It's still the sweetest thing ever.

Let's try eating it one more time.

Now onto the skills list that we've been doing the last few months. 

Mastered Skills
  • Sits without support- Oh yeah. He'll lose balance occasionally, but usually only if he's reached too far for something or is extremely tired.
  • Drags object toward self- yes. Quite a lot.
Emerging Skills
  • Lunges forward or starts crawling- No crawling, but definite lunging. He also scoots backwards and will rock back and forth on his hands and knees. I'm scared that crawling is coming soon. Baby, slow down!
  • Jabbers or combines syllables- Yes, and it's adorable. :)
  • Starts to experience stranger anxiety- Not really. He'll grab me a little tighter occasionally, but over all, he's a big people person. He just doesn't want strangers holding him.
Advanced Skills
  • Waves goodbye- No. I mean, he's flailed his arms at times in a way that I've joked "Hey, he's waving bye!" But really he hasn't.
  • Stands while holding on to something-I shall answer this with a picture.

  • Bangs objects together- Not too often. He's banged spoons together some, but not all the time.
  • Object permanence- He seems to. If I put an object where he can't see it (like, you know, if I think my Iphone deserves a break from being chewed on....), he'll look around for a few seconds.
Yeah, this is how I stand now.



Love the chubby thighs!








2 comments:

  1. He is so cute! They grow up so fast :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! He is so cute and I love that knee chunk! =)

    ReplyDelete