Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter Weekend!

Last weekend for Easter, we went to Indiana to spend it with parts of my mom's family.  We were going to go Friday through Sunday, but work schedules changed so we went Saturday after John got off work until Monday late morning. 

Most of my Indiana relatives had either never met John or only met him at the wedding. And none of them had met Jeremiah! So it was going to be nice for them to spend time with everyone.

With my cousin and two aunts
The drive there was...... interesting.  The best part was stopping at Cracker Barrel. Wow! That's a good restaurant! We'd had a gift card for there since our wedding, but the closest one is about 45 minutes away, so we never used it. But when I saw that there were several on the route, we decided we would go there for dinner.  The worst part was when Jeremiah decided to scream and scream til we pulled over and comforted him (taking him out, feeding him, etc.) partway through the trip.  We also may have had some trouble finding my aunt's house (finally my uncle came and got us from a parking lot!). GPS wasn't picking up their address!

My cousin Steph and her family
By the way, traveling with a baby is not for the faint of heart! And, I may be an overpacker anyway. So throw in all the additional baby stuff you need? Recipe for a very full car!

After a little while Saturday, we all went to bed (we didn't get there until about 10:30).  Jeremiah decided he needed held all night long, so I got almost no sleep. :)  We had a pretty laid back morning. My other aunt came over and my aunts held Jeremiah while I got ready for the day.



Family picture
After my cousin and her family got out of church, they came over as well. Other family trickled in throughout the day - in all, I had 3 aunts, 2 uncles, 3 cousins, 3 "cousins in law," and 6 first cousins once removed.  There are a lot more, but they couldn't make it for one reason or another!

Jeremiah was fussy and unable to sleep for a lot of it, so he wanted Mommy a lot.  But he did pretty well with being passed around as much as he was, but once he was done and tired, he was just done. I think most of the family understood that babies can just be a little cranky at times. :)



There was a huge Easter egg hunt for the kids (other than Jeremiah, he's too young!) and then a delicious dinner! After that, we watched basketball and the Bible miniseries.  Throughout the day, there was lots of fun conversation and story telling.





After a long but fun day, we went to bed around 11. Once again, Jeremiah didn't exactly cooperate with sleep.  But he did better than the night before.  It was just hard because he's used to being held all night, so I tried. But instead of the couch that we usually sleep on, we were all sharing a full bed. The nights we do share the bed with Daddy at home, we have a queen! So it was crowded.

Family picture!

Daddy and his boy



Around noon, we headed home. Jeremiah was an angel the whole way! He slept for all but about 10 minutes!

It was a great, tiring whirlwind of a trip!

3 comments:

  1. You are so brave to travel with a young baby! It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a nice time. Did your parents go? Love seeing all the family in pictures...I feel very pale now looking at Stephanie! =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this moment I am ready to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming again to read other news.


    Look into my website :: california Department Of Insurance

    ReplyDelete