Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jeremiah Update

I love talking about my little man. 


He changes so much from day to day. I don't want to forget all these milestones, big or small.

Some recent milestones / changes?

On his 6 week "birthday" we had our first intentional smile. By intentional, I mean he responded to something with a smile. And I mean something other than gas.  I was talking to him and he gave me a smile. I promptly became a pile of goo. My new goal in life is to capture a smile on camera.

He's losing his hair on top! I hadn't realized how much until I was looking at pictures earlier from when we first came home from the hospital. People always say he looks like his dad, and ......well. Here's one more way now. ;)

His eyes are changing. They were a deeper blue but they are lightening up a lot.  I think maybe he'll have my eyes since John's are a dark brown.

On Sunday, he discovered a new trick - he can roll from his back to his tummy! I thought it was a fluke the first time, but he did it 3 times, so I don't think so. Wow! So strong for such a little guy (7 weeks old, adjusted age 3 weeks). Problem is, he doesn't like being on his tummy. And he can't roll back..... so he cries. Then Mommy rescues him.

He loves being held and cuddled. He rarely tolerates being put down..... especially when Mommy is busy trying to get ready for work.

Yesterday was his first day having someone other than Mommy, Daddy, or Grandma care for him while Mommy worked.  He was with "Aunty" Ashley for the first time. He did great. Mommy, on the other hand, cried while driving away and checked her phone 154,228 times to make sure all was well.

He's still been pretty fussy - his stomach is very sensitive. He has increased his food intake a lot lately; maybe a growing spurt is happening?

Either way, even on his fussy days, he is still the light of our lives and we love him so much!

4 comments:

  1. So exciting! I love the comment about looking more like his daddy ;) hope his tummy settles down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a baby. =) It is wonderful to experience all these little milestones...and a smile, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute! I can't wait to meet him in person! Isn't it so amazing how they change so quickly! I love looking at the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so handsome. He looks so alert in that picture too. You're making me even more excited to meet my little guy.

    ReplyDelete