Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Jeremiah is One Month Old Today!

video
My sweet boy is one month old today!


He does not cooperate with posing :)
 The last month has been wonderful, exciting, scary, exhausting, and fun.  I've fallen more and more in love with my son as the month has gone on.

 Jeremiah is much, much more alert now than he was the first week or so. He looks around and you can tell when he's focusing on something or you.

His feeding issues that were very bad the first week of his life are much better now. From the premie who would fall asleep after about 10 ccs (or a third of an ounce) to a baby who frequently eats 75 ccs, he is doing much better!
Funny face!
 Due to his increased appetite, he has put on weight. Last week at the pediatrician, he was up to 8 pounds, 1 ounce! This is a whole pound up from his lowest weight.
 He typically sleeps about 3 hours at a time at night. Occasionally, he'll sleep 4 or 4.5 hours without waking up, but that's definitely the exception not the norm.  It is tiring, but at the same time, it's just a season. It'll pass, he'll eventually sleep through the night, and I'll probably miss the baby snuggles. You see, the night time hours he pretty much only sleeps if he's being held.  In fact, I'm holding him as I type this! :)
More pictures?
He's getting stronger every day. I notice it as I hold him and he tries to hold up his head, move around, etc. Even his suck on his bottles has gotten stronger.

John and I feel so blessed to have such an amazing son!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! 1 month already! Where has the time gone? He is such a little cutie!! You're doing good Mom and Dad!!! Love you guys! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's a month already. Glad to hear he's gaining weight and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is appropriate time to make a feω plаns for the longer term and іt is time to bе hаpрy.

    I have learn thiѕ publish anԁ if I could I
    wаnt tο suggеst yοu
    few attentiоn-grabbing things or adѵiсe.

    Maуbe you can wrіte subsеquent artіcles relаting to this artісle.
    I dеѕire to read even more things about it!



    Feel fгee to vіѕіt my site :
    : tens

    ReplyDelete
  5. If ѕome one wants to be updated ωith most recent tеchnologieѕ after that he must be pаy a visit this website and be uρ tο date
    dailу.

    Heге is my homepаge :: tens therapy units

    ReplyDelete