Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Confessions Link-Up! 2/27/2013


Linking up with Catalyn for Confessions!

Anything to get off your chest?  Join the link-up. :)

  • I confess that I am not enjoying being back at work full-time at all.  I think if there were any way I could be a stay-at-home mommy, I would.  At least for a year or so.  If there were any way I could even go down to part-time, I would jump at that chance as well. But alas, there isn't.  So I'm not dwelling on it, but it still makes me a little sad.

  • I confess that if it weren't for Ulta concealer, people would mistake me for a character on The Walking Dead (I've never watched it, but I guess it's a show about zombies). Because really, my dark circle bags under my eyes are getting darker by the day.  I look like the undead without makeup over here.

  • I confess that I get really annoyed when people make stupid comments about me or my baby lately.  Maybe it's the hormones or the sleep deprivation. But seriously? Next person who says "Oh, you must have had a really easy time since you're back to work so soon" might get punched. Because I didn't. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do. For me, that included coming back to work.  And the question "Is he a good baby?" makes me stabby.  I am tempted to tell the next person "Not really. He knocked over two liquor stores this week and is a suspect in a bank robbery. What can you do?"  He's 6 weeks old (adjusted age 2 weeks). I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the thought processes down to be a "bad" baby.  Is he an easy baby? Not really. He gets tummy aches and cries a lot as a result. He doesn't sleep long at a time. This isn't because he's anything less than good. It's because that's just how it is for him.

  • I confess that 4 weeks after my baby shower and I'm still working on thank you notes.  It's harder to get them done when you have a baby! When I start to work on them, he needs something. Or when I wasn't back at work full-time, I was working from home.  But they will all be out by Saturday, I am determined. I did twenty of them the other night.  That's a lot of writing after working all day. But my mom was there to help with the baby, and it allowed me to get a lot done.  But here's the thing.... all twenty were for gifts I got outside of the shower.  Meaning the 30ish from the shower itself? Still not done.

  • I confess that I'm a little sad at how big Lucy is getting.  She's growing like a little kitty weed and I want her to stay a small little kitten forever. :(  (Introducing Lucy is one of the many blog posts I haven't finished. But she's....uh..... our newest kitten. Yes, we have 3 cats now.)
If you want to join the link-up, see above!

5 comments:

  1. Well...a couple things here...first....a great BIG (((((HUG))))))!

    You are doing what you have to do and sometimes that is the hardest thing...especially as a new Mommy. Little man won't love you any less because of it. Not all of us can stay home, you're right. Some Mom's have to work. You're still a great Mom.

    Love your thoughts on the 'bad' baby...lol. I'm praying for you to get a little extra sleep and for the Lord to touch his sensitive tummy.

    And don't worry about the thank you notes, as long as you do them, that is better than some people. =)

    Lastly, you aren't becoming a cat lady? are you?!?!?! =)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look like a Walking Dead zombie too ... I have been spraying my face with Tan Towel quick spray in the mornings and then loading up on Clinique All About Eyes and bronzer. It doesn't help though... I still look sickly.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I just cracked up on your bad baby comment. Yes people ask the dumbest questions every.

    As a new mom everyone understands if you slack a little on your thank you notes. Cut yourself some slack :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would kill for a tan!

    I am a new blogger. Would love if you stopped by sometime!

    http://fabsingletequila.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the worst dark circles in the world. Seriously looks like I got punched in the face at all times. And that when I'm well rested. I shudder to think how bad it will be when my little man gets here. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete