Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goals - 2012 in Review and 2013 Goals

So last January, I set some goals for myself for 2012.  The first part of the year, I even did a pretty good job of updating the blog each month with how I was doing on the goals.

To review, the 2012 goals were:
1) Get healthier, particularly in regards to weight loss.
2) Read through my Bible.
3) Read at least 25 books.
4) Spend time with a friend at least once a month.
5) Stick to our budget.
6) Blog at least 3 times per month.

I had mixed results on my goals.  Number 1, well..... I think I got healthier in some way. But I definitely didn't lose weight. I would like to blame my abnormally large baby currently in my belly. :) I also didn't finish number 2, but I'm going to this year. Goal number 3 went well - I read 33.  Goal 4 happened except for maybe November when I got sick. I can't remember for sure.  Number 5 was hit or miss. Overall we did well, but some months we didn't quite stick to it, especially once the medical bills started coming in. I did blog 3 times every month except April. April I didn't blog at all. Oops.

Overall, I would say I was fairly successful with my goals. Not perfect, but perfection is hard to attain with goals. :)

For 2013, I've been going back and forth with my goals. What goals are truly meaningful?  What will I have time to do with a baby?  What is the most important? So I've come up with my goals, but know that I may revise them as time goes along.  But my 2013 goals are...... *insert drumroll here*

1) Read through my Bible this year. I was disappointed in myself that I didn't meet this one this year. I have done it many times in the past, so there is no reason it didn't happen.

2) Read at least 25 books.  I was originally going to aim higher since I surpassed this goal last year. But then again, with a baby on the way, it's probably best I don't. Oh, and last year part of the goal was for at least 10 of the books to be non-fiction. I'm going to stick with that component of it as well.

3) Lose all the baby weight by April 1st. Lose an additional 20 pounds by September 1st.  Get into an exercise routine that works with my new lifestyle!

4) Blog at least once a week (unless I'm on vacation and don't have computer access).  I love blogging and I love looking back on past blogs. With a baby on the way, I want to use the blog to document a lot of his growth and changes.

5) Date night with John at least once every 2 months. They don't have to be expensive dates but I want to make sure we're getting out together.

6) Finish unpacking all the boxes from our move.... you know, the one over a year ago? Yeah, we need to unpack. :)

So those are the goals. We'll see how they go!

3 comments:

  1. They sound like very good goals. I've asked for a date night once a month...we'll see. It doesn't even have to be out, just quality together time. =)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We moved in over 3 years ago and I STILL have some boxes in the attic that have not been unpacked...I have thought of just throwing them out because clearly we do not need whatever is in them ;) Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came by to say I'm sorry I won't make it to your shower this weekend. The girls and I have gotten the flu (yuck!) so I'm trying not to plan too much for the weekend. But have so much fun!!! :)
    PS- I read way more AFTER Meren came than before, breast feeding was the perfect time to read. :)

    ReplyDelete