Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Social - More Christmas!

Love the Christmas themed posts for Sunday Social. This is two in a row. Christmas is one of my favorite subjects!

1. Favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?
I love so many Christmas movies and TV specials.  My favorite movies are White Christmas and Elf.  I also love a lot of movies set around Christmas that I wouldn't necessarily consider Christmas movies - While You Were Sleeping comes to mind.  For TV specials, my favorites are Rudolph, Charlie Brown Christmas, and the animated version of The Grinch Stole Christmas.  I also love watching all the cheesy made for TV movies on Hallmark and Lifetime. Well, not all of them, but a lot of them.  They're usually predictable (okay fine.... always), but I still love them.

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do?

This year, no. Most years, I do a little extra something for the places I volunteer. I've thrown Christmas parties, bought extra gifts (which isn't really volunteering, but was appreciated by the residents) and other things. I also usually help a lot extra at church. I've organized multiple Christmas programs for children, Christmas choirs, and helped with other things. This year, bedrest kind of interferes with... well, everything.

3. Favorite toy received as a child for Christmas?

I had a lot of great Christmas gifts over the years. But the one I remember probably as my favorite is my Baby Talk doll. It was a doll that talked (hence the name), you could feed it, etc. 


4. What was your must have item in high school for the Christmas?

I don't remember any one must have item. I know I always loved getting cash or gift cards.  But I also liked books, movies, jewelry, and more.

5. Item you begged for the most and never got?

I don't remember ever begging for an item. I would make a list of what I wanted, but I was happy with what we got from it.  No begging. :)

6. What do you do on Christmas Eve?

It varies so much from year to year.  We traveled about half the time on Christmas growing up, so it would depend on where we were and who we were with.  Last year, we went to my parents and opened gifts with them. This year, we're not sure what we are doing.  John works during the day and we'll go from there. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL...was begging actually allowed when we were kids? I never begged for anything. Goodness...we were happy to get something, rather than nothing.

    Hope you have a nice week. Praying for you and the little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cheesy Hallmark/Lifetime movies too! I'm your newest follower and was hoping that you'd pop on by and follow me back! ;-)

    xozo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete