Saturday, December 15, 2012

32 Weeks!

Yay for 32 weeks!  We're only 8 weeks away from due date and a 5 weeks away from what is considered full term. Right now, that's a really big date we're hoping for. :) But more on that later. For now, how about a look at the little cutie?

Isn't he handsome?  Love the nice profile shot - cute little nose, full lips!


How big is baby? 
He should be about the size of a squash. However, he is still measuring big - over the 95th percentile! So probably bigger than that. He's around 4.5 pounds most likely instead of the 3.8 - 4.0 pounds that is average for 32 weeks.

Total weight gain/loss:
Still holding steady at 15 pounds!

Sleep: 
I'm tired, but not sleeping very well.

Movement:
He moves a lot. This morning, John got to feel the baby kick and move for the first time.  Usually, he stops around the time John tries to feel, but not this morning!  He's very active.

Symptoms:
Pre-eclampsia, unfortunately.
Braxton Hicks contractions
Nausea, though that can go along with the pre-eclampsia
I've also been hungry a LOT this week.  But I can't eat much at a time.
Swelling has also gotten worse.
Shortness of breath has gotten even worse.
 
Food cravings: 
So this is weird, but I think I had my first "real" craving this week. I was at a breastfeeding class.  We were given a break, and my throat was SO sore that I wanted something to drink. But I didn't want caffeine. So the only option the vending machine had was orange soda. At first, I thought "ew." I've never really liked orange soda. I don't think I've had it in like 15 years.  But suddenly, it sounded SOOOO good. And it was!

Food aversions: 
It varies from day to day. Even just now, we were eating pasta for dinner and I all the sudden couldn't eat another bite. It was a very sudden aversion to something I'd been enjoying!

Gender: 
BOY

Belly Button in or out?
 In but getting kind of shallow!

What I miss:
I miss a lot of things, but it will all be worth it.

What I am looking forward to: 
Meeting my little man. :)
Coming off bed rest.
Christmas!

Milestones: 
We started bi-weekly non-stress tests.
We had another ultrasound. Baby is still breech, but in a different breech position. So maybe he'll move again. :)

We also had another trip to Labor and Delivery - for two days in a row, my blood pressure was out of control.  Like in the scary range - from 160-175 on top and 89-100 on bottom. I realized it seemed to get bad after two longer days at work (instead of the 5 hours I'd been working, I worked 7. And one of those days, I also took my parents to the airport.) So I'm cutting back further.  Going to try to stick to the 5 hour days. But the baby looks good. :)

We also had one number out of the normal range in the ultrasound - it could signal a chromosomal abnormality, but we are praying and believing that it's nothing (which is a very, very good probability according to the doctor).

The perinatologist also decided we should go ahead and do the steroid shots to develop his lungs "in case we have to deliver within the next 2 weeks." WHAT??? I'm not ready for that! I was thinking a January baby is more likely now, but..... not a December baby.  So we're praying that he stays in there where he belongs, but we did the shots as a pre-caution.

In closing, here is a picture of John and I with baby at 32 weeks. We had my company Christmas party (where I sat 90% of the time!) last night.  This was when we were ready to go!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment