Sunday, December 2, 2012

30 Weeks!

We are in the 30s! Yay!  Baby's due date is less than 10 weeks away, but probably a little less!


How big is baby? 
He is about the size of a head of cabbage. But he's been measuring big by a week and a half, so he's probably bigger than this. Length wise, he is as long as a cucumber.

Total weight gain/loss:
Gain of about 15 pounds so far.

Sleep: 
Still waking up once or twice a night. Now that I'm on bed rest, I'm actually getting less sleep I think! I'm not so tired from being up all day, so it gives me trouble falling asleep.

Movement:
He moves a lot. Sometimes I can see it as well as feel it.
Symptoms:
Pre-eclampsia, unfortunately.
Braxton Hicks contractions
Nausea, though that can go along with the pre-eclampsia
Acne.... again. :(
 
Food cravings: 
I was craving sweets the other night, but that happens even when I'm not pregnant. :)  And one night, I was craving barbeque sauce so I made barbeque chicken for dinner.

Food aversions: 
I'm not hungry much, but it's not any one food that I feel "eh" about. But no specific aversion at this point.

Gender: 
BOY

Belly Button in or out?
 In but getting kind of shallow!

What I miss:
I miss a lot of things, but it will all be worth it.

What I am looking forward to: 
Meeting my little man. :)
Coming off bed rest.
Being able to get things done around the house.

Milestones: 
Another 2 trips to labor and delivery - this time to monitor the pre-eclampsia symptoms.  Also, I found out that I passed my 3 hour glucose test! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm still really low on iron and might have to get an iron iv this week.


For the baby himself, he's growing a lot - putting on fat, developing more brain tissue, and he's strong enough to grasp a finger!

We also have to start having extra monitoring for the pre-eclampsia, including non-stress tests and repeat blood work.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for 30 weeks! Are you on total bedrest now? I think I missed that. I somehow thought you said it was for the weekend and you were going back to work. We'll be praying for you and the baby. Have a nice, restful week.

    ReplyDelete