Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year in Review!

Wow.... it feels like just a little while ago that I was writing my 2011 recap! And now here it is, time for a 2012 year in review! It has been a very eventful year. 

My year started at home - we didn't do anything for New Year's Eve and I think John was asleep by around 10:30. :) I stayed up to ring in 2012.

Looking back to January, I can think of two big events that defined the month. The first was on January 6th, when we adopted Leonardo!

 
 
The other big event was John's birthday week! After months and months of planning and secrets, I managed to surprise him multiple times. The biggest surprise was flying his mom up from Alabama and the second was his surprise 30th birthday party!  I am happy to say that the surprises all went well and he thoroughly enjoyed his birthday. :)
 
Another big thing from January was that we helped launch a new church plant from our "main church."  I am the children's pastor and John (when he was able to attend) was on the worship team.
 
In February, I worked like crazy due to tax season really picking up. :) John had his own job changes as he went from doing sales (which he didn't like) to working in the warehouse (which he likes much better).  We also adopted our little diva kitty, Leia.
 



We also celebrated Valentine's Day and my birthday, though both were low-key as John had to work late both nights.

March was another month of crazy, crazy work for me.  I think I was averaging about 60 hours a week.  It's kind of a blur of a month.

April was an exciting month.  We went to Niagara Falls (and saw family along the way), tax season ended, and I got pneumonia.  It was quite a month. :)


I also determined that with tax season finally over, I could start taking off the weight that I had put on (several pounds of it during tax season from grabbing food here and there).  Ha..... I think we all know that didn't happen!

In May, I continued to struggle with double pneumonia and a double ear infection (I came down with it right at the very end of April - the 30th, I think).  Other than that, I took a business trip to Denver. There I learned that before you critique a company, you should make sure your dinner mate isn't the CEO of said company. Oops. :) 

The other big part of the month was Memorial Day weekend when we traveled to Alabama to see family and friends down there.  It was also while we were down there that I started suspecting our family was growing.... as was my waistline. :)




However, I don't think anything that happened January through May compares to the month of June. On June 2nd, I found out we were having a baby! On June 3rd, our 9 month anniversary, I told John. :)  Over the next few days and weeks, we told close family and friends.  In not as exciting news, I also temporarily went back to 60 hour work weeks due to GM changing their pension.  So I was dealing with morning sickness, fatigue, and crazy work hours. :) This would last through July.

In July, we also took a vacation up north with my family.  That was one of the highlights. In fact, other than working like crazy and my first hospital visit, that's all I really remember about July. :)






Oh, and in July, I may also have possibly taken my pets to work with me one day.....




The highlight of August was our church's youth conference. I oversaw an area and was at all the services. John was at as many as his work schedule allowed. It was an amazing time!  Then the day after the conference I was back in the hospital. Oops.  It was also in August that we found out that one of our baby's test results had come back abnormal. (I'm happy to say that while they can't say conclusively until birth, the follow-up tests were all fine.)

September was a month of excitement.  We celebrated our first anniversary! Yay! We also found out we were having a boy!



 

In October, we visited family in Ohio, but other than that, it was a fairly low-key month. Lots of work as usual, but nothing super spectacular. 

In November, we celebrated Thanksgiving and were diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and put on partial bedrest. (Total bedrest some doctor's said, but the overall consensus has been modified is fine.) Once bedrest started, there wasn't much excitement to add to the blog. :) Unless you consider about 28 dr. appointments and hospital visits a month exciting.

Thanksgiving

 
December, of course, we celebrated Christmas and had Christmas activities leading up to it. :)  Other than that, I've rested and worked when I could. 





2012 has been an exciting, busy, tiring, at times scary, wonderful, fun (and so many more adjectives) year.  But I have to say, I'm really, really looking forward to 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy year...our year has been busy too. We'll be thinking of you in the coming weeks...waiting to hear the exciting, joyful news! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete