Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Poll

I'm stealing these questions from Veronica's blog which can be found here.  But, I'm editing this to add, they are actually from this link-up.

1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?

Eh, I could easily leave it. I don't hate it or anything. I just don't really like it all that much.  But definitely white meat; I won't eat dark at all. It always seems greasy to me!  With leftovers, if I had to eat them, probably I would try to make turkey and wild rice soup.  I'll also eat a turkey sandwich, but I don't really like it much.


2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?

Not a huge fan of running, but I really don't like heights. So I'd say run the 10k..... er, with frequent walk breaks.

3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.

Better. It is much easier to keep in touch with friends and family who live all over the world. Of course, I've also seen it hurt a lot of relationships. But overall, I think it helps more than it hurts.

4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?

This is hard to do. But I try to focus on my blessings and even the blessings that come from the hard situations - whether it is a lesson learned or a silver lining in a cloud or something else.  I ask God to help me with this as well.  And then I pray and thank Him for my blessings.


5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?

My holiday shopping is about 50-50.  Especially this year, with my doctor wanting me to stay off my feet, I will be doing more online shopping.  I like stores opening at midnight, though 5 a.m. was fine with me too. It's the one day of the year I willingly get up early.  I will be amongst the masses Thursday night!!! I love it all - the hustle, the bustle, the excitement in the crowd. I've only run into a couple crabby people while Black Friday shopping in all the time I've been doing it.

6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?

Hmm......  tough one. I have a black and red dress that I love when I'm not hugely pregnant.  But that is out for right now.  Right now, I'd have to say my black dress maternity pants. I'm wearing them right now. They're very comfy and look nice for work. 

7. What do you appreciate about your life today?

So much. My baby, my family, my husband, and so much more. (And a 4 day weekend!)
 

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! Turkey and wild rice soup! That is a GREAT idea :) I actually got the questions from Joyce @ http://joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/

    Every week she has a "hodgepodge link party" and she posts questions on Tuesday. You should go and link up and see everyone else's answers - she comes up with the best questions :)

    Happy Thanksgiving (a bit early!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! :) I like social networking too, but sometimes it isnt all that great. Its nice to talk to people you havent talked to in a long time but then theres the folks who post many things on the feed its like ugh! ;o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your answer about social networking. It has enriched my life by keeping me in touch with people all over the world too.

    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! It's a fun meme and I've met lots of nice bloggers there. I am a fan of social networking...we've moved so much and I feel like I'm better in touch with friends this way. You hear more of their day to day stuff which I think is what keeps us close. Happy shopping : )

    ReplyDelete