Friday, November 23, 2012

29 Weeks!

How big is baby? 
He is about the size of an acorn squash!

Total weight gain/loss:
Gain of about 15 pounds so far.

Sleep: 
Still waking up once or twice a night. Having trouble falling back asleep about half of the time.  I've also been really tired so sometimes I fall asleep anywhere.

Movement:
He moves a lot. We have to do fetal kick counts now, and he has no problem passing those (10 kicks in one hour).
Symptoms:
Well, unfortunately, they are pretty sure that I have the beginnings of pre-eclampsia which is definitely a pregnancy thing.  Then I also have nausea, swelling (though that goes along with the pre-eclampsia), and trouble sleeping.

Food cravings: 
I don't think I've craved anything this week.

Food aversions: 
I'm not hungry much, but it's not any one food that I feel "eh" about. It's general food.

Gender: 
BOY

Belly Button in or out?
 In but getting kind of shallow!

What I miss:
I miss Black Friday shopping. Long story, but I'm on bedrest for the weekend.

What I am looking forward to: 
Meeting my little man. :)

Milestones: 
Another trip to labor and delivery - this time to monitor the pre-eclampsia symptoms.  Other than that, I took my 3 hour glucose test (yuck). For the baby himself, he's growing a lot - putting on lots of fat and growing now. He's currently about 16 inches long!

He is still measuring big - about a week and a half ahead. Since they almost moved my due date at my first ultrasound, there is a good chance that he really is just about a week ahead of what we had originally thought (meaning I'm more like 30 weeks pregnant)!  They're going to keep an eye on it, especially now with the pre-eclampsia.

Here is a picture of me and John from Thanksgiving. I have to say, I'm starting to understand why just about every week at church somebody feels the need to describe me as "huge." ;)




 

1 comment:

  1. We have been praying for you. So sorry about the pre-eclampsia. We'll trust the Lord for both of you to be safe and well...get some rest.

    Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete