Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's..... A.........

Boy!

Yes, forget the old wives' tales. Forget what most of my family and friends guessed. We are being blessed with a wonderful, sweet baby boy.

My husband is the last male in his family. It's nice to know he will be able to pass on his name to another generation. (I mean, obviously a girl would have his name as well, but with the boy it tends to get passed down.) 

We told my parents Monday night and then announced it to the rest of our family and friends.  We told them by baking a cake with blue food coloring, so when they took a piece, they saw the blue. They were surprised as they thought we were finding out next week.

We are very, very excited.  Let the shopping begin! 

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I thought it was a girl...or rather, I hoped! =) Congrats on a healthy, baby Boy, to carry on his Daddy's name! That's always a precious blessing.

    Love the thought of 'let the shopping begin!' Don't forget, you don't have to buy everything...that what showers are for! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you two. Do you have color choices for the room yet? So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete