Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Social - Food!


Linking up with Neely and Ashley for Sunday Social!

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Do you know how hard it is for a pregnant woman to answer this?  It's hard for me to settle on something for one meal, let alone forever. I have a major sweet tooth, so it might have to be ice cream.  But I would really miss cheese.

What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Macaroni and cheese.  Pasta and cheese? Two of my favorite things. 

What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
This was a 5QF Friday question this week. I'm going to have to say ostrich egg omelette with oysters in it.  Strange and slightly slimy.

What foods do you avoid at all costs?
Onions. Peas. Broccoli. Cauliflower.  Tomatoes.  I'm a healthfood nut, can you tell? ;)

What meal reminds you of your childhood?
I have a few. Spaghetti.... meatloaf... my mom is a great cook. 

Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
There's no story behind it, but I love my homemade baked macaroni and cheese. First, boil gluten-free pasta.  Once it is boiled, put it in a 10 x 13 pan and mix with a cheese mixture. I usually do 8 ounces of cheddar, some parmesan, and then about 3 tablespoons of sour cream. Mix it all up to make sure that the cheese stuff is evenly mixed through the noodles. Bake it at 400 for about 30 minutes. About 5 minutes before the end, I like to add some cheese to the top as well so it melts. YUM.


And now, I'm hungry. Thanks, Social Sunday.

1 comment:


  1. Found you thru the Sunday Social! Happy new follower! YAY!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete