Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Social - Flashback!


Linking up with Neely and Ashley for Sunday Social.



1. What were you like in Middle School/HS?(pictures)
I was much, much, much quieter and more reserved. If you weren't related to me or someone I had known for years, there's a good chance I didn't talk to you much at all.  I was also pretty ambitious and a perfectionist - I wanted to succeed at everything, school, work, piano, volleyball. I remember practicing piano for hours a day because I hated making mistakes.

2.  What were your favorite past times?
I read a ton.  I also loved painting my nails (one summer, I would change my polish like 5 times a week).  I played volleyball and basketball in season.  I also loved doing things with the youth group at church. I babysat almost constantly, both for money and because I loved it.


3. What songs were you obsessed with?
I think my two favorites were Carman and Steven Curtis Chapman.  If you weren't into contemporary Christian music at the time, you may not have ever heard of either of them.  I think Carman was my absolute favorite though.



4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe? 
Banana clips in the hair. Cuffing my jeans.  Stonewashed jeans.  Yikes.  I'm so glad we didn't have digital cameras or cell phone cameras back then.

5. Who was your celeb crush?
Probably Zach from Saved by the Bell

6. What were your favorite tv shows/movies?
Saved by the Bell.  The TGIF ABC line-up - Full House, Step by Step, Perfect Strangers, Family Matters. I also loved reruns of Growing Pains, Brady Bunch, and other shows. As far as movies, I loved Home Alone and Home Alone 2.  Also, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.  I was a big fan of old musicals even then - Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and more.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a walk down memory lane! I can't say I like Steven Curtis Chapman, but did like Carmen. And LOL on Zach...me too! =)

    ReplyDelete