Wednesday, August 8, 2012

July recap

Ugh.  I'm behind.  Craziness has been the theme for August.  Working crazy hours, weekends have been packed with church activities, and then of course there is all the Olympic watching.  But now that gymnastics are over, it's not quite so time consuming.

And really?  If anyone thinks I shouldn't be sitting in front of the tv watching the Olympics for so many hours at a time, I'll just say they're not patriotic and ask why they hate America.  :)

Anyway, time for a goal check-in.

 1) Get healthier overall, but particularly in weight loss. 
Guys.... no more asking about weight loss. It's just not happening. ;)  But I feel I've been doing healthier things. I no longer drink 18 cups of coffee a day. I'm being relatively active.
2) Read at least 25 books in 2012, 10 non-fiction/educational.
I wanted to read two books a month, but most months I've read more than that. This month, I read two.  I haven't been super into reading this month. I've been more into sleeping and... uh, watching the Olympics.

3) Read through my Bible at least once. This is one thing I try to do every year. 
I don't have an exact tally, but I'm confident I'll finish this year. 

4) Spend time with a friend at least once a month. Whether it's grabbing coffee, going shopping, etc., it's important to make time for those around us.
Ashley and I hung out multiple times.  I also hung out with family members/friends on our vacation. I also hung out with Linda.... I think. 

5) Stick to the budget that we have worked out.
I did not do a good job keeping track this month...

6) Blog at least 3 times a month. I love blogging, but I just don't always get around to it!
Seventeen is more than 3. I may be tired, but I can do math. :)


So far, August is a crazy month. Helped with an outreach at church last weekend, am helping at a conference this next week, and I also have doctor appointments to add to my work weeks!  But I am enjoying this month too!

Cute picture to end the post

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! and that's a much better picture of your cat than I have from visiting. =) LOL.

    ReplyDelete