And really? If anyone thinks I shouldn't be sitting in front of the tv watching the Olympics for so many hours at a time, I'll just say they're not patriotic and ask why they hate America. :)
Anyway, time for a goal check-in.
1) Get healthier overall, but particularly in weight loss.
Guys.... no more asking about weight loss. It's just not happening. ;) But I feel I've been doing healthier things. I no longer drink 18 cups of coffee a day. I'm being relatively active.
2) Read at least 25 books in 2012, 10 non-fiction/educational.
I wanted to read two books a month, but most months I've read more than that. This month, I read two. I haven't been super into reading this month. I've been more into sleeping and... uh, watching the Olympics.
3) Read through my Bible at least once. This is one thing I try to do every year.
I don't have an exact tally, but I'm confident I'll finish this year.
4) Spend time with a friend at least once a month. Whether it's grabbing coffee, going shopping, etc., it's important to make time for those around us.
Ashley and I hung out multiple times. I also hung out with family members/friends on our vacation. I also hung out with Linda.... I think.
5) Stick to the budget that we have worked out.
I did not do a good job keeping track this month...
6) Blog at least 3 times a month. I love blogging, but I just don't always get around to it!
Seventeen is more than 3. I may be tired, but I can do math. :)
So far, August is a crazy month. Helped with an outreach at church last weekend, am helping at a conference this next week, and I also have doctor appointments to add to my work weeks! But I am enjoying this month too!
|Cute picture to end the post|