Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday's Letters - 8/17/2012

Dear Friday,
Thanks for getting here. It's been a crazy week.  I am enjoying finally getting home tonight and putting my feet up eating popcorn.  The popcorn is John's fault, not yours. That's what happens when he eats my dinner.

You see, Friday, you're especially satisfying considering that since Sunday morning, I've had 11 church services. In one of those, I taught. In 7 of them, I oversaw an area.  And my planned 16 hour work week became 32.

So I welcome you wholeheartedly.

Love,
Deanna

Dear Feet,

I'm sorry I've been standing on you so much this week. Truly, I am.  I promise to wear comfortable shoes tomorrow.  And tomorrow, we have only one church service to go to - no work, just church and a little shopping.  With that in mind, would you please find it in your heart to not be so swollen.  It's really too early in the pregnancy for cankles. K, thanks.

Sincerely,
Your sorry owner

Dear Leia,

I know, I know. I haven't been home much. You haven't been getting much attention. But is that any reason to act scared like I beat you? I don't think so....

Love,
Your Mommy

Dear TV,

I know the Olympics are off, but can't you find something interesting to show?  Please?

Sincerely,
Your bored owner who is about to get rid of cable

Dear Person who Owes Me Almost $2000,

You're stressing me out and I don't believe you. Please stop it.

Sincerely,
Me

Dear Interviewees,

Thanks for seeming normal and competent in today's e-mails. We're actually considering hiring you which would improve my quality of work life greatly!

Sincerely,
Your possible future boss

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is quite the work week when your not expecting it! Hope your feet get better soon! And I'm feeling the same way about TV lately. Just a whole lot of nothing on! Hope you have a great weekend! = )

    ReplyDelete