Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fourteen Weeks!


My baby is now the size of a lemon!

How far along:
14 weeks yesterday (I always tend to post these on Saturday.... I change weeks on Friday!)

Maternity Clothes:
Maternity pants, yes. Longer shirts with those pants, yes.  And then of course, I'm still wearing lots of dresses.

Sleep:
Sleeping soundly has still led to weird dreams!  But with the cold I have, it is making sleeping a little difficult. I miss being able to take Nyquil and sleep.

Best Moment:
On Monday, I hit 13 weeks and 3 days - officially the end of the first trimester!

Food Cravings:
Today I was craving grilled cheese. But it passed.

Gender
Still 50-50. I think girl a lot, but when I talk about the baby, it's "him" and "he." So my subconscious apparently thinks it's a boy.

What I Miss
Good cold medicine. And not going from fine to absolutely starving in 3 minutes flat.

What I'm Looking Forward To
I realized that I'm just two weeks away from when they say you can usually tell gender! But we probably won't until 4-6 more weeks.

Weekly Wisdom
I don't feel so wise this week.

Milestones
We are officially in our second trimester!


Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment