Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vacation!

John and I went on vacation this weekend/beginning of the week.  It was really nice to get away! With John's schedule and lack of vacation time, we have to make the most of his 4 day weekends - such as this one because of the 4th of July. So I took Monday and Tuesday off (this was before work got crazy the last few weeks!) and Wednesday we were closed (I was supposed to have today off as well, but that didn't work out so well with the work craziness.)

So Sunday after church, we left for our little getaway to Northern Michigan. We drove about halfway and stopped for the night.  Monday morning, we drove the other 2ish hours to get to beautiful Beulah, Michigan.


I had 2 aunts, 2 uncles, 4 cousins, 1 cousin in law, and 6 first cousins once removed up there as well.  My parents were coming the next day. So it was a family visit in addition to a little trip! We spent some time with my cousins at my aunt and uncle's cottage and then went to our hotel to check in.   We later met up with everyone for dinner.  It was a lot of fun.

The next morning, my parents arrived and we had a day of sightseeing planned! Rain changed our plans around a little, but throughout the day we went to Gwen Frostic, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Lake Michigan, and Point Betsy.  Later, we met my aunt and uncle for ice cream before going back to Point Betsy for the sunset.  We really enjoyed it. However, let's just say, Sleeping Bear Dunes? Easier when you're not still recovering from pneumonia and are pregnant. Oh, and 95 degrees out? Yikes.
































 We started our Fourth of July with a breakfast with Aunt Joyce and her family. After that, John and I hung around town before going on a boat ride with the cousins. We walked on an old Indian Trail, rested some, and headed out for fireworks.




 After fireworks, it was time to head home. We arrived around 3:30 a.m.

Now time to recover from a fabulous trip!











No comments:

Post a Comment