Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Social - Travel!

Linking up with Neely and Ashley for Sunday Social again this week. This time, the subject is travel!






Best trip you've ever been on
It's a total toss-up.  In 2004, I went on a trip to Europe - Switzerland, Germany, and France that was amazing. Seeing the Black Forest, Neuschwanstein Castle, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and so much more.  It was incredible and I made so many great memories.


But on the other hand, my honeymoon last September was pretty amazing.  We went on a cruise to the Bahamas.  I'm not as much of a beach person, but 4 days with just my new husband without anything we have to do, without the stress of wedding planning, etc? Also amazing.  


Two totally different trips, but both so great.











Best idea for a girls weekend trip
I would love to go on a weekend trip with my close girlfriends to NYC - shopping, Broadway shows, and sight-seeing.  I've never been there, but it's somewhere I definitely want to go! I don't think John would like it (too crowded, too many people), but I think some of my friends would love it.




Best idea for a couples trip
John and I went to Niagara Falls earlier this year. I think it's a good couples trip because it's a nice location, good hotels, good restaurants, and not too hectic.


Best vacation on the cheap
I think if you keep an eye out for good deals and do it right, almost any vacation can be done cheaply.  I will say, I think overall cruises are an excellent value as long as you're smart about it, don't spend a ton on extras, etc.  For our one year anniversary, we're doing a pretty cheap trip - we've decided on a staycation. We want to do a lot of the stuff around here (Detroit Institute of Arts, Belle Isle Zoo, etc) and are kind of tired of traveling. So that should be relatively cheap.


Place you most want to visit
If I had to choose just one, I would say Italy.  I really want to go there one day. Rome, Florence, Venice - so many beautiful things to see!

Vacation/Travel necessities
Money/credit card for sure.  This is super important!  ID, passport, etc. especially if traveling overseas. But other than all the practical stuff, for me, I need:

  •  a good book (or 4) or my Nook. I love reading on vacation. 
  • Lots of outfits so I don't have to feel like I'm running out of clothes. 
  • My camera with my battery charger to make sure I can capture fun memories.
I love planning trips. :)


4 comments:

  1. I would love to go on a Europe trip!

    come say hello at nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Italy someday. And we did the Bahamas for our honeymoon last year, too! What cruise line did you take? Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome photos ... such an adorable wedding dress. love it.Thanks for sharing all these blogs and phots are very useful to every one

    wedding planning education

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Europe trip sounds amazing! I've always wanted to go to Switzerland and Germany! Cute blog, btw. Found you through Sunday Social!

    ReplyDelete