Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Social - Careers!


Sunday Social 

1. What is your dream job? 

Oh goodness. Tough question. Can I say stay-at-home mom?  That would be ideal.   But I don't necessarily consider that a job, so I guess I should list other things.  I'd love to head up a non-profit that donates money to causes. Oh, or to run a human trafficking rescue organization.  Or something in ministry.  I'd also love a job that involves a lot of travel, I think.  Maybe like an author that has to travel a lot for research and gets paid for it. 


2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?

Well, shoe shop with all that money, obviously! And spend time at Ulta and Sephora!  No, not to be completely shallow, I'd love to travel more. I also really enjoy my volunteer work, and would love to be able to do more of it.  I know I'd stay busy though, because I don't generally like just staying home.  Of course, in a few months, I'll have a little baby. I'm sure he or she will take plenty of my time. :)




3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

I changed my mind CONSTANTLY! A teacher, an accountant, a hair dresser, an astronaut, a flight attendant..... seriously, I changed my mind a lot. At one time, I wanted to be a pediatrician. Then I realized my hatred for blood would probably be a disadvantage in that field.


4. What piece career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field? 

Be consistent and reliable. I think most of my success at work is that I get back to clients consistently, quickly, and professionally.  When you're dealing with people's money, they need to hear from you when they have questions!

5. Biggest Pet Peeves either in life or in blogging or at work: 

I'll stick with work so it's consistent with this theme. :)  Probably co-workers who don't take the time to try to figure something out before asking 15 stupid questions every day. Read the notes I put in the system. That's why they're there. Also, office drama and drama causers.  We're all here to do a job. Do it, and move on. I don't care about your petty gossip about co-worker 1 or 2 or why you think co-worker 3 isn't speaking to you.  Oh, and people bringing their children to work when they have the flu and have to miss school. That happened a few months ago. I was MAD.


6. Biggest Fears: 

Hmmm.... right now, I'd say something happening to the baby.  I don't believe anything is going to happen, but it's still a little nerve wracking when things are feeling strange and there are all these changes in my body, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment