Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogger 411

I'm joining From Mrs. to Mama for a link up!





1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging in November of 2009.  I had several friends/relatives blogging, and it seemed fun and to be a good community. I've always like writing, so I thought I'd give it a try.  My blog has changed as my life has changed. I blogged a lot about my wedding the past year and now a lot about my pregnancy.  Those weren't exactly topics much in the early days.... or at all.  I also blog a lot more now.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to Oakland University. I started as a finance/accounting major, but after 6 weeks switched to elementary education with a concentration in social studies. Funny enough, I started my career as a teacher and then switched to finance! God works in mysterious ways. :)


3. Where have you traveled?
Let's see.... states include Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York, California, Idaho, and Washington. Plus the District of Columbia. Other countries are Canada, Belgium, South Africa, Botswana, England, Germany, Switzerland, France, Singapore, and the Bahamas. I love traveling.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
See previous question - I would buy a fabulous vacation somewhere for me and John.  Then I would focus on practical things like paying off the house, helping others, etc.  


5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
People with no manners, people who are consistently late (which I feel is bad manners as well), and people who are stuck-up/arrogant.

6. What is your favorite movie?
If I had to choose just one, The Sound of Music.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Water all the way! Ice water, preferably. And when I'm not growing a person, large quantities of coffee.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
I love to read, nap, or watch chick flicks.  I have a lot of me time in the evenings now because of John's work schedule.  So it does vary.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Hmmm.... probably Target, because a) you can get a lot of variety of things there and b) I spend a lot there it seems, so it makes sense.


10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I have many. Often, they revolve around my own klutziness. Instead, I shall share a story from my youth with you all.  In 6th grade science, we would often have to take turns reading aloud from the science book. I remember this one passage in particular.  The topic was seeds, particularly naked seeds. To this day, I don't remember what a naked seed is, but I do remember the classmate who sat behind me going "ooohhhhh" every time I said the word naked. Of course, the teacher couldn't hear him. But, it was enough to throw me. After a few times, I started laughing in embarrassment. She kept making me read even though I was having a hard time and was SO embarrassed.  

11. What day would you love to relive again?
Probably my wedding day.  It was fun, but at the same time, a little stressful. I'd love to relive the non-stressful moments and remind myself to relax at the stressful points. :) Also, find a way to keep John smiling for all the pictures instead of looking like he was in pain toward the end. 


12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I don't know. I've been told that I look like Andie McDowell (I think it's mostly the hair) and those doppleganger things online say I look most like her, Julia Roberts, or Anne Hathaway.  So I guess one of those?  Alternately, those online things say I look like an Asian male or two that I've never heard of. I prefer the pretty ladies to play me.  


Also, I think from Julia Roberts to an Asian dude is a pretty big jump.


13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
Babysitting, tutoring during college, and working at McDonalds from tenth grade through my senior year of college. I also worked in an office for part of college.



14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
I can't access any right now.  I am too old for them to have been digital. lol

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Right this second, Singapore. I miss my cutie pie nephews, as well as my sissy and brother.  But, I'd also love to do a European tour.  Italy, Greece, Ireland, France, England, and more!

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
This was at Sleeping Bear on July 3rd. Of course, Leo and Leia are missing from this picture.


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Well, we'll have a 4 year old! Wow! :)  And hopefully a younger brother or sister for him or her.  Other than that, I can't think it will be too different as far as location or anything. Hopefully, showing love to people more and loving God more.  That's about all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment