Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Just Call Me.......

MOMMY!!!!!!

Little baby expected on or around February 7, 2013. :)

The following posts is a collection of posts that I wrote before I was ready to "announce" the pregnancy.

June 2nd, 2012

So, apparently, I'm pregnant.

I've been having some symptoms for over a week.  Last Sunday, I decided to take a pregnancy test even though it was a little early. (It said 5 days early and it was 6 days early.) Nothing at all - broken test.

It was a two pack, so I tested again 3 days later. Again, broken test. Not even a control line. Thanks, Walmart.

This morning, I was trying to decide what to do. I'm supposed to get a chest x-ray, but those are dangerous if you're pregnant. Then I remembered, I had bought pregnancy tests once before just in case, but ended up not needing them. So I tested this morning - surprise!

I've decided to tell John tomorrow. It's our 9 month anniversary, so I'm going to tell him his present will be ready in 9 months and give him a baby Alabama hat that I got "just in case" while in Alabama last week. :)

June 3rd - Telling My Husband

So, Saturday afternoon, I re-tested with a more reliable digital test - negative. Now I was officially confused. But I did read on the package that it works best if you tested in the morning.  So Sunday morning, I woke up early and couldn't wait to test. I did, and about a minute later, I saw that beautiful word - "pregnant."

I went back to bed, contemplating getting up to wrap the baby hat I had for John, but when he woke up, I decided to skip that. Instead I told him after chatting for a few minutes "I have a gift for you for our 9 month anniversary."  He said "Okay." And I said "Only it won't be ready for 9 months." About 2 seconds later, he realized what I meant and got all excited and happy!

Later that afternoon, we called his mom and told her. She was thrilled.

John thinks it's twins. I think it's a boy. He thinks it's a girl or one of each.  We're happy with either. :)

June 5th - Spreading the News

We had my parents over for dinner and to go refrigerator shopping. (Yeah, unrepairable..... $1200 for a 25 year old fridge IF they could get the parts.)  I told my parents we needed their opinion on fridges; really, I just wanted to tell them in person.

So after dinner, we gave them a card thanking them for a bunch of stuff they've helped with recently. Taking care of me when I was sick, helping with laundry, etc.  Then I had put another piece of paper in it. It had three hearts in it under the words "Grandchildren are a blessing." In the first heart, there was a picture of Caleb. Underneath, it said "Caleb Clark - Born December 2006." The second heart was Evan, with his name and month of birth."  The last one had a question and said "Estimated to arrive February 2013."

It took them half a second to "get it" but when they did, there was squealing and clapping.  Very excited.

At this point, it's still sinking in, but I find myself thinking about him or her constantly.  As far as symptoms, I have a few, but nothing unbearable. Some nausea, a lot of tiredness, and some weird stomach pain that I can't figure out if is related.  I guess I'll see.

First doctor appointment/ultrasound is June 25th! Yay!

June 16th -

The news is spreading, but it's not really out there yet. We've told parents, siblings, super close friends, our pastor, my co-workers, and John's grandparents. We're waiting to tell my grandma when we can go see her next Saturday. After that, it will pretty much be common knowledge. I think we'll tell everyone either after that or after our ultrasound two days later.

So far, we've decided for sure which room will be the nursery. We've started talking about names. I started looking at baby items.

Last night, I told my sweet friend Linda, so she decided we needed to go shopping and buy a present for the baby. We got a little set that has two gender neutral blankets and a teddy bear.... so cute.  The blankets are actually blue and green, but I think they're neutral since the blue is like a teal, not really necessarily a baby boy blue.

We've also decided not to paint the nursery, but to decorate it somewhat neutral and then we can add pops of either pink or blue.  That way if we have more than one child at some point, we don't have to completely redo the nursery.

The most nervewracking part this week was telling my boss. He was cranky, so I kept putting it off, but I wanted to make sure he heard it from me before it started spreading around. It went okay. :)  He doesn't like it when I'm not there. I'll probably need more than 3 days off once I have the baby. ;)

June 17th -
Today was John's first Father's Day as a father!  He got presents from the kitties and from the baby. :) He was excited.

June 23rd-
Today I told my grandma that we're having a baby. She was the last one we wanted to make sure we told in person before announcing to everyone.  I can't believe in less than 48 hours I get to see my baby!

Overall, I'm feeling okay today. I've been feeling sick most days, but today, I haven't had many symptoms.  I am really tired still, but the constant nausea has not been constant today.  I think I did have my first true pregnancy meltdown.... got to work on keeping those emotions in check!

Last night, John was sick and didn't work.  We laid in bed for a while talking about the baby, planning for the baby, and discussing baby names.  I have my favorites for a boy and a girl, but we're not settled on anything yet!

3 comments:

  1. YIPPEE!!! So exciting and I'm itching to shop, create and more! Will you be finding out the gender?!?!?! or do I go neutral too?!?!?!

    Loved reading and can't wait to follow along with whatever you share here. =)

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you shared this post with me! I love how you documented it. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete