Sunday, June 17, 2012

Delia, My Sister and Bridesmaid



I have a beautiful sister. :)  Her name is Delia. She's the wonderful wife to my brother, incredible mother to my beloved nephews, sweet daughter-in-law to my parents, and lovely sister and friend to me.

Delia and I met in December 2004 when she came home with my brother to meet us after they had become engaged. They were married in May 2005.  Their story of how God brought them together is really incredible.  It could be a blog post or two of it's own.  

March 2009 at the Singapore Zoo

Delia is an extremely kind, giving person. She genuinely cares about others. She often goes on missions trips to help those in need.  You can read about some of her experiences here.

Christmas 2007
I was in Delia's wedding in May 2005. I'm the one in the below picture who looks terribly out of place. The morning of the wedding, Delia and I had breakfast alone at the hotel. It was a lot of fun. :) A nice break to connect before the craziness of the wedding day!

December 2006; Caleb's Dedication
Delia and I were both teachers, so we had that in common.  She's going back to teaching later this month after taking time off to raise my adorable nephews.
Cameron, Delia, and Evan in the South China Sea - March 2009

December 2004 - Her first trip to the States
God definitely knew what He was doing when He brought her into Cameron's life - Cameron needed her and I think I did too. :)

At a Tiger Game June 2010 with her sister Daphne as well

Delia likes jelly beans
She is all I could have ever asked for in a sister!
Criminals at Cedar Point

Singapore - March 10, 2009

Singapore, March 10, 2009
She has a very fun personality - games, swinging, and just general fun to be around. :)
September 2011

Outside Comerica Park - June 2010 - Delia, Me, Caleb, Cameron, and Daphne

Family Picture - January 2008

Christmas 2004 I think? In Chicago

March 2009 - Singapore Trip
My only complaint about Delia is that she lives so far away. I would love to be able to see her often. And, you know, without one of us spending 24 hours on a plane.

Family Picture - March 2009

Singapore - March 2009 Girls' Night Out

September 16, 2011


September 2011

June 2010

Fireworks 2010

Cameron and Delia's wedding!

June 2010 - Delia was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding

May 2005 - Sentosa

March 2008

Chinese New Year - January 2008

February 2008

With Grandma Conley - December 2004

Grandpa's Memorial - June 2010


Christmas 2004

We have the same taste in movies!

With cousins  - June 2010


Silly faces!
Love you, Sissy! You are a gift from God to our family! Thank you for being in the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, what a lovely tribute! I can't say I know Delia very well, but from the 'little' I do know, I agree with everything you said. I think she's wonderful and glad that we're related. =)

    Love that last picture too!

    ReplyDelete