Today's blog challenge is 10 things I would tell my 16 year old self if I could.
1) Don't be in such a rush to finish things - school, jobs, etc. Slow down and enjoy the ride. There will always be a new goal or challenge to conquer.
2) Even when you feel alone, you're never really alone. You have your relationship with God, and your family and friends support you more than you realize.
3) Be a defensive driver. Your 5 car accidents will not be fun. See if they can be avoided, okay?
4) Don't stress too much about what to study in college. Somehow, it all works out. Maybe there's a reason you can't decide between teaching and finance. :)
5) So you feel left out at school sometimes? Who cares. By the time you've been out of high school for a year, you'll rarely see them.
6) Despite what people tell you, the housing market can get worse than it was in 2006. It is NOT your lifetime opportunity to buy.
7) Spend extra time with your loved ones. You'll miss them when they're gone. You'll wish you had more time with them when they were healthy.
8) When the time comes to switch from myspace to facebook, don't stubbornly insist myspace is better. Just make the switch. Facebook is much better. :)
9) Run from the Mary Kay ladies. It's just not a good idea. If you really want to waste money, do it on something better than that. :)
10) Get a digital camera as soon as you can. The film you use will end up sitting there and it's harder to make new pictures when you want them.