Friday, March 30, 2012

Ring Bearers

Aww.... ring bearers.  Much as I love everyone who was in the wedding, these two have a special place in my heart.  My two adorable nephews- Caleb and Evan.  There was no question in my mind that I wanted them in my wedding. Now they weren't so sure. They viewed the offer to be in the wedding as an opportunity for negotiation.

I blame Caleb. Don't let that adorable, innocent smile fool you.  When we asked the boys to be in our wedding, he's the one who started the negotiation.
And what did he ask for? Ice cream.  That's right. Ice cream.  Chocolate, to be precise. This led to Evan requesting strawberry.  However, we really wanted them for the part, so we quickly agreed!
Evan, 2 years old, and Caleb, 4 years old
I love being an aunt.  I still remember exactly where I was sitting when Caleb was born. It was 2 jobs ago. We knew Caleb would be born that day. I was working with my aunt at the time, so she was the first one I told. Then the news went on myspace. (Yes, a lot has changed in 5 years!)

Two long weeks later, we went to Singapore where I got to hold my sweet nephew for the first time.  It was love at first sight. Actually, it was love before first sight.

Caleb is one of the most fun children I know. He is sweet and loving. He is very kind to those around him, but especially to his brother Evan. He also is very intelligent for his age! He's also extremely helpful; when they spent the night a few weeks after the wedding, John asked him to help clean (as a joke) and he was happy to help!

Caleb loves to laugh. I love listening to his laugh. It's very distinctive and full of fun.
Caleb's 1 year picture
Family Picture when Caleb was 1



Singapore March 2009
I've been blessed to spend time with Caleb at different times in his life. When he was a newborn in Singapore (2 weeks old), when they came to visit the US right before he turned 1/while he turned 1, in Singapore when Evan was about 6 weeks old and Caleb was 2, in the US summer of 2010, and then for the wedding.
Musical Caleb
Caleb playing the drums, Age 2
Caleb on the beach of the South China Sea
At his first Tiger Game, June 2010










Evan was born on January 20, 2009. We got to Singapore March 3rd, (I think?) 2009. He was about 6 weeks when we got to meet him! Like his older brother, he stole my heart and has yet to give it back.

I love these next three pictures. Poor Evan was horrifically jet lagged and tired. In this first picture, he's looking like "I don't know about this."
By the second picture, he's like "Okay. This might work!"

And then the kiss. He loves his Aunt Deanna!



Evan is a sweet, sweet boy.  He is very gentle with people and loves animals. He is so funny, especially at his current age. Last time I talked to him, our internet connection froze. He asked if my cat froze me.

I love playing with him, especially outside.  Now that he's older, I like giving him ice cream. When he was 1, I preferred giving him lemons. His reaction was funny.

Evan at 6 weeks
The boys

I love this one!

Smile! March 10, 2009!



Sweet babe


Family picture with Evan... and Caleb's cheesy grin


Caleb sucking his thumb! Evan with Grandpa



His onesie says "Handsome." It was true.
At the beach


June 2010 after a waterfight at Grandma and Grandpa's. He looked confused.


June 2010
September 16, 2011 at Aunt Deanna and Uncle John's condo






January 2009 Caleb with his newborn brother 

January 2008

Caleb's first birthday party

Caleb's 1st Thanksgiving

Caleb's Dedication

Caleb wishing me a happy 27th birthday!


5 comments:

  1. I love this post and looking at all the pictures. :) The boys love their aunt very much, and now their Uncle John too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, love all the pictures. Such beautiful boys! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.
    My web site how to get rid of man boobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web site, because i
    want enjoyment, for the reason that this this web site conations actually nice funny material too.
    My webpage - http://gurgenagackoyu.org/ShaunaHill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greate article. Keep writing such kind of info on your page.

    Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have performed a fantastic job.
    I will certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends.
    I'm confident they'll be benefited from this web site.


    my homepage ... book of ra free android

    ReplyDelete