Thursday, March 29, 2012

Flower Girls

My flower girls were adorable.  Emily is the cute brunette on my right; Taylor is the sweet blonde on my left
 They were both pretty young for their task.  Emily was about 2 1/2. Taylor would turn 2 later that month. People told me that having children that young in the wedding was a mistake. That they would "ruin" the wedding, not know what they were doing, etc.  Well, they certainly added some character, but both of these sweet, sweet girls are very special to me, and I wanted them there. 


This is Emily the first time I met her. I think she was about 4 months old.  She is the daughter of my cousin Jeremy and his wife Kim.  Jeremy and I were really close the whole time we were growing up - our moms are twins and we are only 4 months apart in age! When we were 6, he and his family moved to Africa, so we didn't see each other as often after that. But we always enjoy catching up when we do get together. His wife Kim is also fabulous and so fun to be with!  She is a wonderful mom and I'm glad she's my cousin now too. (I actually get to see her this weekend!)
Andrew and Emily (Andrew is her older brother)
Emily at the rehearsal dinner for her Aunt Audrey's wedding
Her mom and I were both in it!
Emily at the beach June 2010.
With Taylor last summer



Me and Taylor at her first birthday party
Our other flower girl was Taylor. Her mom, Lisa, was also one of the bridesmaids.  We've been friends since college (saying that and realizing how long ago that was makes me feel old!). They live in Idaho, so I don't see Taylor a lot. I first met her when she was about 9 months old and they came for a visit. Then I flew out there for her first birthday.  She's very special to me and did a great job at the wedding. :)

Taylor was kind of shy that day. She hadn't seen me in a few months and there was a lot of commotion. It was probably good that her mom was in the room with her the whole time.  Her grandma stayed back with her for after her mom walked down the aisle.

When Emily got to rehearsal, she was very excited.  Her little voice is just precious. When it was her turn to walk down the aisle, she ran out of petals about halfway through. She turned and RAN back to her mom at full speed saying "I ran out! I ran out!" Her mom told her it was okay, and that to keep walking. The second rehearsal, she did perfectly.
On the day of the wedding, I told her she looked like a princess. She said thank you and told me I looked like the queen. I really hope she didn't mean the queen of England.... she also told me I was beautiful. :)

When we get to the ceremony recap, there is more to Emily's story..... to be continued. :)

1 comment:

  1. Taylor still talks about being in your wedding. She loved it! You couldn't tell by the look on her face in that pic though. :/

    ReplyDelete