Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Before the Wedding


Once we were all pretty and stuff, it was time for pictures with some special people and a special moment with my groom.  We weren't seeing each other before the wedding, but I had seen an idea of exchanging gifts through the door.  My matron of honor had done it with her husband on her wedding day. The photographers arranged us on opposite sides of the door and we handed each other gifts. We could hear each other, but not see each other.  It gave me total butterflies to hear his voice!  It also provided some of my favorite pictures from the day.

Pre-exchange
The only downside to this was that John didn't realize he had forgotten the card he was supposed to get. I was a little disappointed as I wanted to read a card from him. He made up for it about a month later when I told him that it had bothered me. :)


He got me a beautiful heart necklace.
You can also see my nail (of the 3 hour manicure/pedicure the day before)

John with his card
His gift were a cross bracelet and necklace. No picture, unfortunately.
We then went back into seclusion until it was time for the ceremony.  


Picture with my Grandma Donna
Checking myself out. :)
Picture with my brother, Cameron. He wore pink for me!!!

My aunt and I are really close so I wanted a picture!
Prayer



Last wedding I was in, we had prayer just before the ceremony. I remembered it bringing a sense of calm to the craziness. So I had asked my pastor if he would come pray with us just before the service. He, of course, agreed.  




Okay, time to get married! :)

Next up, more pictures with the wedding party, but I want to tell the stories one on one.









1 comment:

  1. I love the gift exchange through the door idea! Super cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete