Monday, February 13, 2012

Morning of the Wedding - Getting Ready!

After the bachelorette party, I went back to the house I was staying at with Ashley (from Alabama), Linda, Jody, and Dyanna for a "sleepover" and to make ourselves gorgeous in the morning. The rest of the ladies would meet us there early on in the day. They had decorated the house "in my honor." 
When we got there, I tried on my dress again. (The lady who altered it was there, so that may have been why? Or maybe I just wanted to. It's been 5 months....)  The dog ran on it twice. Luckily, no paw prints. :) I maybe would have cried! My dress was slightly long, but beautiful.  We also reviewed my gifts from the party because they all wanted to see. My 10 year old Memorial Flower Attendant was in the room. This made me slightly uncomfortable. :)  
I set my alarm for 6:30 to get up and start getting ready.  I couldn't sleep though! I remember posting on the Knot at around 12, "Hey.  I get married in 12 hours." I was so excited/nervous/etc. When my alarm went off at 6:30, I got up and showered. I didn't know it at the time, but apparently I was wrecking plans! Breakfast in bed for the bride had been planned. A special CD of specially selected music had been planned. Oops. :) 
After I showered, I ate the delicious breakfast Jody had made for me, had 2 cups of coffee, and then the hair and makeup detail showed up.  One lady from church was did my hair, Dyanna's, and Camille's. Her friend did my sister-in-law Delia's (who came with my parents) and Ashley (from Alabama). Another lady I know from church did the other Ashley's hair, and mine and both Ashley's makeup.  My future (at that point) mother-in-law and sister-in-law were going to come over, but after some deliberation, they decided not to come. It was a confusing conversation that eventually one of my ladies handled for me. :)
Pictures of the beautification process. :)
It was a fun time of talking, drinking coffee, and                just looking forward to the day!
Camille and Ginger "crown" me!







It was really busy with all of us trying to stay on schedule!
Sissy getting ready


















Delia insisted on taking this picture as their is a princess on the wall behind me.

After I was ready, I left several of the ladies still finishing getting ready to head to the church with my parents and Delia. It was almost showtime!

1 comment:

  1. And all this time I figured you did your own hair. =) You looked beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete