Monday, February 13, 2012

Bachelorette Party

My bachelorette party immediately followed the rehearsal dinner.  It was a nice, laid-back evening (who really wants to be out late the night before their wedding?) that I think was enjoyed by everyone there.  It's not really my or any of my bridal party's style to go out and do anything wild.  (The guys also had a tame evening for a bachelor party, though they were out til 2 a.m.! They were playing games at a place called Barrymore's. It has bowling, go karts, putt-putt and more.)

My Matron of Honor, Ashley, planned the evening. It was at her parents' house. (As further proof that we didn't get too crazy? Her father is our pastor! You don't do anything to crazy at the pastor's house, right? But he did stay upstairs the whole time.... we agreed on this in one of our pre-marital counseling sessions.)

All my bridesmaids were there except Delia.  She went home with her boys as they were all still recovering from jet lag. She wanted to make sure the boys went to bed so they'd be prepared to be the adorable ring bearers that they needed to be the next day! Two of the groomsmen's wives came as well, along with my friend Jody, my friend Jessica, and my friend Melissa.  Jody led the set-up and decorating for the wedding. I would have asked her to be in the wedding, but she didn't want to be.  She had made this quite clear. She doesn't like being the center of attention or being in pictures.  Jessica is married to a groomsmen, did a reading in the wedding, and is a really close friend.  Melissa is Jessica's sister-in-law, another great friend. I loved having these ladies around my last night as a single woman!

We opened gifts (which I shall NOT be posting pictures of!) and then had some dessert. Then, of course, we posed for pictures.


From left, Dyanna, Linda, Ashley (the Matron of Honor), me, Ashley (Maid of Honor), Sarah, and Lisa (speaking of Lisa, that little bump in her tummy? Was born this week and is named Braden!).
Wonderful party planner, wonderful friend.
Getting sassy
Kisses to the camera
Melissa and Sarah
Linda, with a slurpee
Bride with Maid and Matron of Honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment