Monday, January 23, 2012

John's 30th Birthday

John turned 30 yesterday!

To celebrate his birthday, I declared last week BIRTHDAY WEEK!  I had a different surprise/gift for him every day of the week.  Some of the surprises had been in the works since SEPTEMBER!  That's a long time to keep a secret!

Birthday week started last Monday.  Each day his card/gift was in a different location.






Day 1's gift was a Reese's hear and an old edition of Prehistoric Life magazine.


Day 2 was a University of Alabama t-shirt.

Day 3 was another magazine and a package of gummy worms.

Day 4 was not pictured but was the third magazine.
                           


Day 5 was one of his "big" gifts.  So in the picture you just see the card and candy. Because I could not wrap his gift up in this case.

Back in September, I had an idea, you see. I was thinking about how it would be John's first birthday away from his family and his 30th. So, as part of his gift, I flew his mom up here as a surprise!  I'll write more about this later, but let me just say - he was shocked!



Day 6 was another Alabama t-shirt

Day 7 (his actual birthday) was a new television!
He'd been wanting a flat screen for awhile now. So I surprised him with one. But there was one more surprise.....

video
A surprise party for him with Michigan friends and family! Getting to the actual party of the day turned quite dramatic, but I'll save that for another post.  Needless to say, John thoroughly enjoyed his birthday.

Last night, as I was laying in bed completely exhausted, John and I were talking about how long I'd been planning, keeping secrets, etc.  I said "Wow. I pretty much went from planning a wedding to planning a second reception to planning a surprise party. Now I can just stop."

And so I went to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, how cute! Happy Birthday Jon...sorry had no clue when it was. =)

    Seems like your wife took good care to spoil you...hopefully not rotten. =)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love it! What a thoughtful wife :) He's lucky!

    ReplyDelete