Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January? Gone so soon?

So back in this post, I laid out some goals for 2012. Just thought I'd check in as JANUARY IS ALMOST OVER?!?!? How did that happen? I guess it got lost amid the 55 hour work weeks, family visits, throwing a baby shower, etc. Oh, and becoming a children's pastor. I might need to write about that too as I don't think I've mentioned it. But anyway, I had laid out several goals for the year. The first one was health. Well, after a full month plus, I finally got over my terrible cold virus. But the rest? I've been to the gym a little. I have been eating better. I'm really hopeful about the gym coming along now that I'm no longer sick and have no more parties I am throwing on the horizon. The second was to read 25 books. I'm on track! I've read 2 complete books (fiction) and am almost done with 2 non-fiction books. Follow me on Goodreads if you want! (www.goodreads.com/deannajh As far as the third, I've been reading my Bible. I am not really tracking exactly how far at this point. I spent time with several friends this month! Particularly, I spent like 4 hours at a friend's house catching up. I also had people over twice. So, yeah. I did it! Throwing a birthday party and baby shower threw the budget off slightly. But we're working on it! And, last but not least, I blogged 7 times this month. Yay! :) Now hoping I continue on track in all areas in February and get on track in the slacking areas!

2 comments:

  1. =) Yep, sounds like it was busy! Your lists sounds very good for the new year....even if I thought you meant 25 books a month! =) I'm sure that if I counted reading blogs, I'd qualify....but for regular books....I'm lucky to read 2 a year. =) I am working on one though...so we'll see how long it takes me to finish it...and I do try to read my Bible daily...so I'm with ya there! =)

    God bless your week and glad you're feeling better too! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! January went by entirely too fast for me!! EEK!! I can't believe it's February!

    Hope you are doing well (despite being busy!!)

    :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete