Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 - A Year Ahead

Happy New Year! (This post was scheduled to post right at midnight on January 1st. For mysterious reasons, it did not!)

 I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions. In fact, I think I haven't made any in the past.... 15 years? So often, resolutions just fall to the wayside by the 2nd week of January. I don't want to be one of "those people." But after a discussion at work yesterday, I do think it's really important to have goals. Life is so crazy that we get so caught up in the day to day grind of living that we don't always take the time for ourselves, for others, etc. (Apparently, I really don't take time for myself or I wouldn't have had the following conversation with my husband last night "You're pretty, I mean, really pretty. But you also always look tired." "What? I look tired all the time? What are you saying?" "Well, you know. You have a stressful job, don't sleep much, and you can tell." He saw nothing wrong with this conversation. Sigh. Men.)

So here are some goals that I'm working on/working toward in the next year.

 1) Get healthier overall, but particularly in weight loss. 2011 has been an up and down year. They discovered my thyroid problem and gluten problem. I got on medicine and things got better. I lost 20 pounds! Then they changed my medicine. I gained weight back. I was super consistent at the gym, but then life happened and the consistency stopped. So obviously, this is something I have to work on with my doctor (finding and maintaining the right thyroid level), but I also know it's something I need to work on myself. So, back to the consistent gym plan I go. Back to the consistent food plan. Back to getting healthier.

2) Read at least 25 books in 2012. I love to read. In 4 days around Christmas, I finished 2 books (the first two in The Hunger Games trilogy). When I read, I remember how much I love reading. But it's one of those things that so often gets pushed to the side. And of these 25 books, at least 10 have to be non-fiction books. They cannot be 25 chick-lit books, etc. I've started using goodreads.com, so that will help me track this goal.

3) Read through my Bible at least once. This is one thing I try to do every year.

4) Spend time with a friend at least once a month. Whether it's grabbing coffee, going shopping, etc., it's important to make time for those around us.

5) Stick to the budget that we have worked out.

6) Blog at least 3 times a month. I love blogging, but I just don't always get around to it!

 Anyone else have any 2012 goals/resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment