Friday, December 30, 2011

Wedding Rehearsal - Eek!

So as I'm attempting to finish writing my wedding recaps, I'll finish this post that has been half done for over a month! It'll fit in nicely between Christmas posts and New Year's posts.
I was one of the most overwhelming experiences of my life.....

I don't think I've ever been asked my opinion so many times in 1 hour. It's also not really in my personality to try to make people do things "my way." In my pastor's mind, this is the time to make sure everything is exactly how the bride wants it. During our counseling, he told John several times that it was "my day." I protested "No, it's our day!" They were both like "No, it's yours. :)
Our wedding was big. We each had 7 attendants, plus the 2 ring bearers, 2 flower girls, memorial flower attendant, 2 ushers, 1 reader, 2 singers, a guest book attendant, a program attendant, and a second pastor. Our rehearsal dinner, had everyone invited attended, would have been about 60 people.
We decided to have the rehearsal at 3:00 the day before the wedding. We couldn't do it Thursday because of out of town people. We didn't want to do it Friday night, as we wanted our bachelor/bachelorette parties that night (since that was the only time the bridal party could be together).
At 3:00 Friday, things started buzzing. In addition to being asked all the questions, I was also asking my own question - WHERE IS EVERYONE? Specifically, my 2 missing bridesmaids, missing musician, and missing minister. (The 2nd one. If our pastor who was doing the majority of the ceremony hadn't been there, I may have cried. He, as well as some of my bridal party, was the lifeline to my sanity.)
One of our ring bearers, Evan, was so jetlagged from the flight from Singapore that he slept through half the rehearsal and cried through the other half!
Once the musician and one of the missing bridesmaids arrived, we got started. It was overwhelming. There was a decoy bride at one point so I could approve of the arrangement of people. We took a lot of pictures.
After the rehearsal, I went downstairs to where the reception would be. My wonderful friends had transformed it while I was gone into a much prettier place. You'll see pictures of it when I post pictures from the reception.
Here are some pictures.
Camille, our Memorial Flower Attendant. (Her mom, my beloved Ms. Karen, took all these pictures!

Our mom's practicing for their role - the unity sand.
Practicing our vows
Me giving orders..... um, I mean directing!
John and Paul, his best man
Me and Ashley, my wonderful Matron of Honor
Ashley's mom and son, Brayden. Oh my word, looking at this picture makes me realize how tardy this blog post is. He has gotten so much bigger in the past 3.5 months!
Another cute shot of Brayden.
Walking down the aisle (I think I was just coming from the back for something, because when we actually rehearsed, my dad escorted me down.)
Giving Away of the Bride
With my groom. :)
The parents did a parental blessing. This was practice.
Random practice. I don't know what I was looking at. You can see Caroline, Camille's sister, standing in for me as the bride.
Another shot of the stage with the decoy bride.
A view from the back of the room.

It was overwhelming, but we all survived. :) Then it was on to rehearsal dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment