Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Most Wonderful Time of the Year - and House Pics!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Hehe. This year has been extra special since I'm spending it with my love. Yes, I still put up the tree alone, but he came home from work to appreciate it. Saturday, after he got off work, we went to get hot chocolate and drove around looking at Christmas lights. I love him. :)

It's not, however, the most wonderful time of year for blogging. Part of this is no longer having internet at home. Part of it is wrapping presents, decorating, and unpacking have taken up a lot of time lately. Not to mention that work? Still crazy. But I have things I want to say. As evidenced by my increasing number of "Draft" blogs. So, if there's like 5 blogs today, I understand if you don't read them all.

Our house isn't finished yet by a long shot. But, since we're hosting Christmas dinner in FOUR days (first major holiday to host!), I'm hoping to get a lot done the next few nights. But here are a few pictures of the house as it stands now.

This is the house from the outside. This was a day we actually had snow. Thankfully, it's all gone now. (I'd like a white Christmas, but if not having snow almost at all in December means no white Christmas, it's a trade-off I'm happy to make!)

This is the foyer area.

Here is our pretty tree in the living room.

Here is the living room which is kind of one big room with the dining room as well.



Here is our bedroom.


And finally, one of our favorite parts of the house was the huge, finished basement. You'll see that it actually has a second fireplace down there! It also has tons of storage.



1 comment: