Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Christmas Survey

A Holiday Survey
I saw these questions on another blog and thought it would be fun.
25 Questions: Holiday Style
Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot Chocolate. I've only had eggnog once or twice and I'm really not a fan.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa? Please don't ask me to get on my soapbox...

Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like both. On my tree, white. But that's for this year. I like variety, so it could all change next year. Oh, but on houses, I generally prefer multi-colored.

Do you hang mistletoe?
I never have. But maybe I should!

When do you hang your decorations up?
In general, I'd like to do it first week of December. Due to moving, this year it was the 2nd week.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Excluding dessert? That's no fun! We never had any one set Christmas meal, so I don't think of anything really as a holiday dish. Except for Christmas cookies, which I'm pretty sure count as dessert.

Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Playing games with my cousins at my grandma's house.

What is on your Christmas wish list?
There were a couple things I wanted - Anne of Green Gables on DVD, a candle warmer, etc.


Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
We will probably open one. Growing up, we never had a set time/day to open gifts. We traveled most Christmases so it all depended where we were and when.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
My collection of ornaments is really varied. Plus my husband has some as well. We have everything from pictures to apple ornaments (from my teaching years) to Bigfoot ornaments. I also have red and gold ornaments that are plainer, but I prefer my special ornaments that remind me of people.

Snow? Love it or dread it?
I'd like a white Christmas, but overall I hate snow.

Real tree or fake tree?
Fake

Do you remember your favorite gift?
Hmm..... probably my favorite gift ever at the time was my Baby Talk doll. She talked! And made noises when she ate. But I've had a lot of great gifts over the years.

What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending time with loved ones and remembering why Jesus was even born.

What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Just one? I scoff.

What is your favorite tradition?
Christmas parties, decorating, buying gifts, wrapping gifts..... I can't pick one!

What tops your tree?
An angel.

Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Obviously, both are great, but I prefer giving. I love shopping for people and I love watching their reactions when they open it.

What is your favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night

Candy canes, yuck or yum?
They're okay.

Favorite Christmas movie?
White Christmas, Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Elf..... I love Christmas movies!

What do you leave for Santa?
Seriously.... I will get on the soapbox if you don't stop asking!

Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
No.

Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
This year, I did more online. But there's something fun about the mall at Christmas.

Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas cards are prettier, but you get more info from a letter!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks for making me laugh...get right up on that soap box...then I won't feel all alone! =)

    And seriously, I thought batteries were your favorite all time gift? =)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete