Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 - A Year in Review

Began the year in Chattanooga, Tennessee at Winter Ramp.  John and his mom came, and we were still in the initial stages of really getting to know each other. Jody was with me. We had a great time at the Ramp, and then on New Year's Day exploring Chattanooga.






 January, flew down to see John on his birthday weekend. By this time, our relationship was definitely getting to be more serious. On his actual birthday (the day I flew down), we went to his sister and brother-in-laws for his birthday dinner and to watch a movie.  The next day, we went to church and later that night to the Ramp.



In February, he flew up for Valentine's Day/my birthday. We went to the zoo, celebrated Valentine's Day, and had a get together so he could meet my friends (and they could check him out/give him the seal of approval.) Later that month, my friend Jessica and I had a joint birthday party.







 In March, there was a pretty big highlight. I flew to Alabama the last weekend of March and came home engaged!






April was a relatively slow month in some ways. Tax season ended at work, so that was a relief! We started wedding planning, looking at bridesmaid dresses, wedding dresses, etc.  I did take a trip to Ohio to see my aunt, uncle, and "nephews" over Easter weekend.  While I was there, I watched my uncle and nephews test for the next belt in their Tae Kwon Do.

One way the month was not slow was that one of the big news stories in the country was also one of the big news stories in our life.  At the end of April, a Category 5 tornado tore through Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The destruction was bad.  The loss of life was terrifying.  I'm happy to say that all my Alabama loved ones lived and came out relatively unscathed. Thank you, Jesus!



May was a very big month. At the beginning of the month, I helped two very dear friends, Jason and Jessica, with their wedding.  At the end of the month, my parents and I went down to Alabama for my first wedding shower. My friend Ashley (maid of honor in the wedding) also did our engagement pictures while we were down there. After the wedding shower, we brought back quite a lot. Most significantly, we brought back John! He moved up to find a job up here before the wedding. We went from not being able to see each other to seeing each other practically daily. It was great. My parents (where he stayed) was 45 minutes from the condo, but that's much closer than 15 hours. 






June was a busy month of job searching for John, and he started his first Michigan job!  We also had a wedding shower up here, thrown by my bridesmaids and friends.






In July, we continued to plan the wedding. Due to our different work schedules, we didn't go anywhere or do anything too exciting. :)

Same thing for August!  But John did find a job with daytime hours that he started in August.

September was obviously a very big month. We had the wedding, the honeymoon, and the Alabama reception! We also spent time with Cameron, Delia, and the boys while they were home, including a sleepover with the two cutie pies. :)











In October, we.... well, bought a house! Yay!

November, John started a new job - yay!  We also moved into the house on Thanksgiving weekend. So a lot of the month was spent packing and all that jazz.

December has been a whirlwind. We had our first Christmas and even hosted Christmas dinner!




2011 was great! Now on to 2012! :)

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting year full of many wonderful memories! Thanks for the photo journey! God bless you both in this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I love the picture of the guys with the toilet paper wedding dresses. Love.

    ReplyDelete