Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Really? And an update.

Has it really been about 6 weeks since I posted? Wow.

I've been a bad blogger and a bad blog reader lately. Life has been crazy. Fun, but crazy. So here is an update.

First of all, work this week? Actually, work since last Wednesday? Even crazier than before. It's been busy since we fired the slacker. But now the stock market has been throwing a temper tantrum of sorts - up 400, down 500, up 100, down 600. Craziness. Clients are upset. Clients are nervous. Clients are calling me.... constantly.

The wedding is in 3 1/2 weeks! Yay! So much wedding stuff going on. Tonight was our second of three pre-marital counseling session with our pastor. It went well. We have the final one tomorrow and we go over ceremony items! Yay!

Last Friday, I bought my wedding shoes. I ended up with two pairs. I'm thinking I'm going to need to post pictures.

I have been getting presents! Today, we received a ring holder that's GORGEOUS from my friend Lauren. Last week, we were sent a beautiful apron, pot holders, and place mats from my cousin Anita. She is also blessing us by singing at the wedding. You can check out her blog here if you want to read a great blog by a wonderful person.

Monday, I had my first dress fitting. Good news - it fit PERFECTLY! I only have to have a bustle added. This is extra good news because it's 2 sizes smaller than when I originally tried on the style at the store. When I ordered the dress, I was between sizes but they thought it would be easier to let it out than take it in (due to how much they were going to have to take in the hips where the beading is). But now, it doesn't have to be let out at all!

I also met with my friend who is doing the music for the ceremony. It was fun going over it with her. She's an amazing musician and an even more amazing person.

Tomorrow I'm getting together with my Matron of Honor. We're going to talk about wedding stuff and just hang out. Then Friday, my friend and I are doing the flowers! Woohoo!

Response cards were due Monday, and they're still coming in! So far we're up to 211, I think.

We also did major condo work last weekend. It's nice and clean now except a little bit in the bedroom.

Why did we do work last weekend on the condo? Because John got a new job and works 8:30 - 3:30 Monday through Friday instead of midnight to 8 a.m. on varying nights. It's so much better and was such an answer to prayer! His co-workers were treating him so badly at his last job; it's good that he's able to leave that environment for a good one!

Maybe I'll do a picture post this weekend when I have more time. Hope you are all doing well!

3 comments:

  1. nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been wondering where you went too!

    Yay on the dress...that's so awesome for you. Saves some $$ too! =)

    The pot holders/etc., are actually dish cloths...but I know people who use them as wash cloths too. =)

    Have fun! and see you soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your wedding is less than a month away! Enjoy every second of this crazy busy time! YEA for the dress fitting perfectly! Post lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete