Friday, May 13, 2011

Last Weekend..... Wedding Plans Update

I've been trying to post about last weekend since Monday. But since I wanted to include pictures, I kept getting error messages. And then yesterday? The Day Blogger Stood Still..... I couldn't get on at all!

Last weekend was busy. Last weekend was wonderful. Last weekend was stressful. Last weekend was beautiful. Last weekend was full of love. Last weekend was full of life. Last weekend was full of friends.
See them? They're my friends. Jason and Jessica. Last Saturday was their beautiful, fun, wonderful, loving wedding.

I had offered about a year ago to help with the wedding. They asked me to be a hostess/coordinator. Pretty much, help them both the day of the wedding. This included everything from taping unity candles to helping Jason's pants stay up to greeting guests entering the reception.

Friday night was rehearsal.
As with most rehearsals, it was a little crazy. There was trial and error. Everything was running late. But you know, it all worked out!

Next day, the wedding started at 2. I got there a little before 12. As mentioned before, there were many things to do. Greeters and ushers to organize, place cards to punch out, a bride to help, a groom who needed lots of help.... ;) But I loved it. I was with two of my closest friends on the biggest day of their lives helping them with anything they needed that I could help with. The wedding was beautiful. Jessica entered to "Only Hope" (the song from A Walk to Remember) right at the dramatic place. Jason burst into tears of emotion.

The wedding was at the church I'm having my wedding at. Coordinating theirs also gave me a chance to get a few more ideas, see the bride's room, etc.

After the bridal party took their pictures and left, we went into serious "clean the church" mode! Then it was off to the reception where I needed to help finish setting up. As guests started arriving, I greeted them, answered questions, etc. Fun stuff.


The wedding was fun. Everyone, including the bride and groom, seemed to really be enjoying themselves! I was not excluded from the fun - I had a lovely time!

Then the end of the reception came about..... um..... well. This is where things got a little crazy. You see, when I left the church, I was supposed to bring the guest book, the card box, some decorations, and Jessica's luggage. Somehow I ended up with a bridesmaid's purse as well. In the craziness, I mistook this for Jessica's purse. So, Jessica's purse was still at the church! After debating about the best way to handle this, eventually as Jason and Jessica left for the airport, the best man and I went back to the church, which he was able to open. I then got the purse and delivered it to the hotel at the airport hotel they were staying at. I then got their tux and dress from them. Keep in mind that as I'm leaving the hotel, it's about 1:00 a.m. I had to carry the tux and dress past airport security checkpoints, garnering some strange looks!

As I was riding home, I knew I really, really, really needed to stop for gas. But 1:30 a.m..... Saturday night.... Detroit. See the problem? Yeah. But a bigger problem? Would have been running out of gas in the bad area. So I stopped at a gas station right off the expressway. There, I had a lovely conversation with a high lady who wanted to discuss how men are pigs and whether she could buy a smoke from me. (No such luck for her! I don't smoke....) After about 3 gallons of gas, I decided that was enough to get me home, got in the car, and left.

The next morning, I had to take the tux to the best man and then I tried getting some rest before meeting my parents to celebrate my dad's birthday/Mother's Day. Then I went home to crash.

That was last weekend. Today was a very big day for me and my wedding! I finally decided on a wedding dress! After going back and forth, trying on about 50 dresses in about 7 shopping trips, it is finally over. :) I have a dress that I love! And in 16 weeks from tomorrow, I'll be getting married!

1 comment: