Sunday, May 29, 2011

Engagement Pictures and Alabama Shower

Hello, neglected blog!

I've started to write. I've tried to write. But I haven't written. Sigh. Friday, I was all pumped to finally do a 5QF post, and then my day fell apart. But it's okay. Just a little office craziness. No worries.

Last weekend was a VERY exciting weekend! Back over a month ago, my future mother-in-Law and future sis












ter-in-law started planning a wedding shower in Alabama for us. Very nice. Over the course of time, we decided my parents would go as well, we would drive (room to bring back gifts), and then we decided that John would be coming back up with us! He had two job interviews up here that he couldn't make as he wasn't up here, so we decided it was just time.

We also scheduled our engagement pictures for that weekend as my maid of honor who lives in Tuscaloosa does great amateur photography.

A couple things stick out from the trip:

-The destruction in Tuscaloosa (and other places while driving) is so much worse than in pictures.

-Taking a ton of pictures is hard work, especially in the heat.

-Showers, while a blessing, can be a little uncomfortable when you don't know many people and they're all staring at you. :)

-Overall, I'm not a big fan of dressing people up in toilet paper as brides, but if it must be done, using the groom, 2 groomsmen, and father of the bride makes it much funnier!

-Living in the same state as your fiance' is a big plus! Especially on the weekends!

Here are some pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I concur...your Dad is a riot in a TP wedding dress. =) Thanks for the lovely photo update! =) Have a wonderful day tomorrow! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos! You guys are too cute together!

    ReplyDelete