Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday and.... Bridesmaid Dresses


What I'm loving this Wednesday? As part of Jamie's link-up found here....

1. Three Day Weekend! Woohoo!
It's going to be a busy one. I'm currently cleaning and packing (can't you tell? hehe) because tomorrow after work, I'm teaching a piano lesson and then leaving for a wedding shower and then staying at my parents and then getting my car fixed and then going out of town. Yes, run on sentence because that's how I'm feeling at the moment. Busy weekend. And a 3 day weekend. Visiting family? Yes please! I've missed you!

2. Pedicure
So.... two weeks ago, I got a pedicure with a friend. My first one. Let me tell you, professional pedicures hold up a lot better than doing it yourself. Like, it's not all chipped and wearing off!

3. NOT having blood drawn
So, this shouldn't really go here, but I have a story. This morning, I had to have blood drawn. They had trouble finding my veins. The first person who tried "dug" for it when she couldn't find it. As in, moving the needle while it was under my skin. I have a line almost an inch long where you can see where she was moving it UNDER MY SKIN! I showed my friend who is a nurse while shopping today and her reaction was roughly "What was she thinking? It would never work at that angle!" Oh well. Everyone has to learn somehow. Even at the expense of my arms. At least it's still SO cold here that I'm still in long sleeves.

Today, I went with the Michigan portion of my bridal party to try on bridesmaid dresses. I had found one that I liked online. It was from David's Bridal, and it was the more affordable one. Once trying it on, it didn't really work. So we tried on more. And more. And more. I think we've found one we like. We'll see how the rest of the party feels about it. It's pretty. :)

Then I tried on a dress. My consultant wasn't exactly helpful on the matter, so I wasn't going to force the issue. But.... I have a determined bridal party. They stand up for me when I won't stand up for myself. And one of them? Is from New York City. So, she's tough! :) Needless to say, we got our way. ;)

Trying to make decisions is hard for me. Trying to make decisions that involve other people? Even harder. I want everyone to love their dress so it's hard trying to find the right one! By the end, I was getting stressed out! But it was still fun!

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. aww have so much fun :) love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, pedicures always make me happy:-) I'm due for one soon too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete