Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wedding Plans Update :)

I've been engaged for two weeks, and I feel like we're making progress on wedding plans!

As I've mentioned, we have our date. September 3rd. :) The church I wanted to use for both the wedding and reception was available, so that went well. Yesterday, I met with my pastor and he's able to do our wedding for us. I was so happy. I hadn't realized how much I wanted him to be able to do it until I thought there might be a scheduling conflict. Then when it turned out he could do it, I was so happy I almost cried. (I'm starting to think that I'm extra emotional these days!)

Tomorrow, I have a tasting scheduled with the caterer that I think we're going to use (assuming all goes well with the tasting). It will be good to get that settled! Another big part of the planning done.

And now, as of today, my side of the bridal party is complete. He still has one more to ask. Luckily, all of the members were not the skilled negotiators that my nephews were. I don't have to buy them all ice cream. :)

So, my bridal party is on the large side. I have so many great friends that it was really hard to even narrow it down to what I did!

For starters, I have both a maid and matron of honor. Both named Ashley. :) They've both been mentioned in this blog multiple times. Here, here and other places throughout. Maid of Honor Ashley (oh, and they have the same middle name, so I can't even use that to designate them) is the friend who introduced me to John.
I asked her to be in the wedding just hours after becoming engaged.

I was waiting to ask Matron of Honor Ashley until I could see her in person, which ended up being today! I thought I was going to die having to wait so long. ;) We went to Olive Garden and for pedicures for her birthday, and I asked and she agreed! She's another very, very dear friend who I can talk to about anything, have a great time with always, and is one of the nicest people I've ever met. We also have a lot in common, and I'm so, so honored that she agreed to be in my wedding. :)
(Bad lighting in this picture)

I asked my soon-to-be sister-in-law Sarah first. If you read the proposal story, I got engaged at her house. So I ended up asking her pretty soon after the dramatic re-enactment. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of her to put on here. :) But I'm sure I'll get one at the shower or wedding. I'm definitely glad that she agreed to be in the wedding!

The next morning, via Skype, I asked my beautiful, wonderful sister-in-law Delia.
In addition to being my sister-in-law, she is a great friend. She's fun, funny, and a fabulous mother to the two cutest nephews in the world. :)

My long-time friend Lisa agreed to be in the wedding, as did her daughter Taylor. Okay, Taylor is only 1 (she'll be 2 the month of the wedding) so she may not have actually "agreed" but she's in it. I was in Lisa's wedding almost 5 years ago! It's hard to believe that much time has passed. She lives in Idaho, so like Delia, Sarah, and Ashley, she's traveling quite some way to be there for me and I'm so happy she's going to be able to do it! We met junior year of college (I think) and worked together at one point. We always have a lot of fun, and even though we don't see each other a lot, we're always able to pick up right where we left off when we talk. And we also have a knack for picking terrible movies to watch together. As in, we look at each other after watching a movie and say "Huh?" It's really a gift.

My friend Linda is also going to be in the wedding! I didn't think she was going to be able to as she's moving to Baltimore in July. (She was accepted into a very hard-to-get-into program at Johns Hopkins; so excited for her!) But while we were at Starbucks (after she told me she probably wasn't going to be able to come), I mentioned that I had been planning on asking her to be in the wedding, but I completely understood so I wouldn't ask. And so she decided to fly back! I was stunned. Have I mentioned how great all my friends are? (Linda is the one not in the wedding dress)


Last, but certainly not least is my friend Dyanna. She's the children's pastor at my church, and because of working with the kids, we've spent a lot of time together. We've also been through a lot together - surgeries, deaths, family sicknesses, etc. She's definitely one of my closest friends. When we hang out, it usually lasts for hours. Her reaction to being asked was pretty priceless! We were at her house about to go wedding dress looking, so it seemed to be the most opportune moment. She was in shock. I was kind of in shock that she was so shocked. But she was also happy and accepted immediately!

I might be having a second flower girl as well but am waiting to hear back for sure. I'll update once I know for sure. :)

Still a lot of plans to go, but there is definite progress!

1 comment: