Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday Thirteen - 4/14/2011

Thursday Thirteen! Yay! :)

I'm excitable because..... well, I think it's because I'm so tired that I'm a little slap-happy. Feeling sick (allergies, I think) combined with late nights and non-stop days- I decided to cancel my plans for tonight and stay home (no one was counting on me and they were tentative).

Thirteen movies that I can watch over and over (and have!):

1) The Sound of Music - I can quote it, I can sing along, I can even play the songs on the piano. But that still doesn't stop me from watching it often!

2) Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - I'm a sucker for old musicals. Especially these two. The storyline is absurd. It's completely unrealistic. And.... I love it!

3) 27 Dresses - Once again, ridiculous premise. Embarrassing at times. But I can turn on the tv, and no matter where in the movie it is, I feel compelled to watch it!

4) Gone with the Wind - Another old favorite. I don't watch the whole thing straight through often because it's so long, but I know the movie practically by heart!

5) Any of the Star Wars movies. I love the Star Wars movies. We're actually using a portion of Star Wars music at the wedding. :)

6) Pillow Talk - Rock Hudson and Doris Day are a great couple. This one is especially funny.

7) How to Steal a Million - Audrey Hepburn. Peter O'Toole. Hijinx. Art work. Great movie!

8) Sabrina - the Harrison Ford/Julia Ormond version. They make a much better couple than Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. It's also funnier - not as dark in places.

9) A Walk to Remember - Tear jerker, but such a sweet story! Mandy Moore's character is sweet, but not spineless!

10) Ever After - The "true" story of Cinderella. A very romantic story. Royalty is involved, evil step-relatives, etc. Watch it!

11) Sense and Sensibility - Emma Thompson's adaptation of the Jane Austen classic is spot-on. It feels so real and features fantastic performances by all of the main actors - Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, etc.

12) Beauty and the Beast - "Tale as old as time.... sure as it can be.... barely even friends....." Beautiful animated story with great music!

13) Pride and Prejudice (BBC version) - Another long one. But fantastic and so much better than the Keira Knightley version!

2 comments:

  1. I have issues with the Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice! So totally with you...BBC all the way.

    I've not seen every movie on your list...but have seen a few. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to watch a movie more than twice unless 20 years has passed and I forget I saw it.

    I love your blog wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete