Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday's Musings

Hi, everyone! Hope you had a great holiday weekend.

I had a lovely weekend. Thursday after work, I taught a piano lesson after work, went to a bridal shower (which made me feel old....lol), and then stayed the night at my parents' since I took my mom home from the shower. Friday morning I got some car repairs done that had been needed for some time. (By the way, it's amazing how much better it feels driving when your car isn't shaking. Shocks, struts, suspension, and something I can't remember are all apparently quite important!) Then after lunch, I left for Ohio!

I spent the weekend visiting my aunt, uncle, and "nephews." I hadn't seen them since January, so it was great to see them! I got lots of cuddles from Cole, games with both boys, girl time/shopping with my aunt, watched the nephews and uncle test for their next tae kwon do belt, and more. Unfortunately, I did NOT sleep well. Complicated by not sleeping well last night. Contemplating taking a Tylenol PM tonight and going to bed early. (I hate taking meds to sleep, but part of the problem the last few nights has been a deep achiness! Hard to explain.)

Last night when I got home, I did my new Zumba workout DVD followed by my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. So despite my closed gym, I got a workout in. Then despite not sleeping, I got up early to workout this morning before work. I would have gone to the gym tonight after work, but I'm so tired and feel like I'm fighting a cold, so I decided to rest. If I'm feeling better later, I might do Zumba tonight.

One big change this week - in addition to blood work to test for gluten-intolerance/celiac disease, I'm trying a gluten-free diet for a couple weeks. A couple of my doctors think it might be the cause of my stomach problems. The blood test isn't always accurate, so we're trying the diet as well. Plus, if it is that, I'll already have a headstart of getting gluten out. Yesterday, I was gluten-free completely. It was a little hard once I got home... grocery stores were closed and I had no fresh fruit, few vegetables, and my options were limited. I settled for egg whites and cheese for dinner last night. Even my soy breakfast sausage turned out to have gluten so I couldn't have it!

Today, breakfast was just a hard-boiled egg. I'll have to find something I can eat in lieu of my usual oatmeal or cereal. Lunch was an office-lunch, so I used care in ordering - a bowl of plain chili and side salad. It was strange not being able to use the crackers in the chili! Kind of spicy. For a snack, I had low-fat string cheese. Now, I've just had dinner - chicken breast and a baked potato. I think dinner will be the easiest meal to do gluten-free. I can still eat my usual protein with either a potato, rice, or quinoa. I can also still do salad. But no pasta. :( Sad, sad day!

Happy Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. They make gluten free pasta so you can still have pasta. :)

    ReplyDelete