Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday - February 23, 2011

Jamie
is hosting "What I Love Wednesday" again. Here's what I'm loving this week.

*My New Schedule

This is not a new work schedule or anything like that but a new, self-imposed schedule. In my quest for health, I decided one thing holding me back was not getting enough sleep. For one thing, they say it makes weight loss harder. For another thing, maybe my 2 month long (almost) bout with cold, bronchitis, sinus infection, and more could have been helped with some more sleep. For another thing, constantly falling asleep on the couch was hurting my already injured back. So, the new routine is that at 10:00 the tv and computer go off and I go toward bed. I may read in bed, but I'm not on the couch watching tv, disrupting my cicadian rhythms, etc. I was noticing that I was waking up 2-3 times a night because of the tv, so clearly I wasn't sleeping late. This is the first night this week I've violated that (I didn't get home until after 10), and overall I've been sleeping better and feeling more rested.

*Gym

Also getting back into the routine of (insert dramatic music) going to the gym. I've been every day this week, including a couple pretty intense workouts! I still can't say I'm enjoying the workout, but I like the feeling after the workout. :)

*Reading

Turning off the tv and hitting the books has been great. I'm getting a lot of reading done. I love to read, but it's been shelved lately (hehe.... reading pun!). But I'm almost done with a book already this week!


Staying light later

Days are getting longer! It's still light sometimes when I leave work! Yay! This makes me so happy. I don't like it when I leave for work in the dark and leave work in the dark. It's just sad. Even though the weather is not spring like this week (8 degrees!), the light lets me know it's coming.... eventually. :)

4 comments:

  1. I just started working out again this week too...it does feel good afterwards to know that you're doing something good for yourself! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick a week and turn off my TV/computer and read. I have SO MANY books I want to read but never find "time". Yet I watch 3 hours of TV when I get home!

    :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I also loved the verses you posted on my blog- they are great as well!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it stays light later!! MY FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete